PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Pats scouting Darnell Bing as a Running Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Could the Pats be scouting Darnell Bing as a running back?
Bing if he went back to USC for his senior year was going to be used as a tailback because of the departure of White and Bush. Considering the Pats drafted Cassell as a project off the USC practice squad, i don't think it's out of the question the Pats could be looking at Darnell Bing, at 6'1'' 225 lbs 4.52 40 6.80 3-cone, as the best "big running back" in the draft. Bing was a record setter in high school at Long Beach Poly, Willie's alma mater, and we know BB with his encyclopedic knowledge remembers every player back through high school...

:singing: One toke over the line sweet Jesus, one toke over the line...
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall...
:singing:

Heh, T-shirt, got any fresh glaucoma treatment? PonyEx is starting to make sense! If I could just try a little higher content... :cool:

How about using Bing as both? Now that would be a value pick! what round do you think we can get him in and would be have to move up in that round to do it?

Box_O_Rocks said:
:singing: One toke over the line sweet Jesus, one toke over the line...
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall...
:singing:

Heh, T-shirt, got any fresh glaucoma treatment? PonyEx is starting to make sense! If I could just try a little higher content... :cool:

I assume you're implying I must be hopped up on goofballs and whacked out on za-za juice to come up with the "bing theory"... don't worry, I don't take offense.:rocker:

PonyExpress said:
I assume you're implying I must be hopped up on goofballs and whacked out on za-za juice to come up with the "bing theory"... don't worry, I don't take offense.:rocker:
No offense?! Blast it, what does it take to get your goat? :p

No, your theory is the delightful curve ball that makes draft fantasy so much fun. It is entirely plausible when you look at guys like Diamond Ferri in NFLE working as a tailback after playing Safety and reserve RB at Syracuse (right you BC fans? :D). So, whatever your smoking, carefully read the Surgeon General's warning on the label and dress warmly when going outside on break.

The only problem with this scenario is that they'd probably have to pick him in the 3rd round at the latest, and he isn't a very good safety from what i've read. So the 3rd round is pretty high for a project.

So why would other teams pick him in the 3rd if he's "not that good a safety" as I say? I don't know!

PonyExpress said:
Could the Pats be scouting Darnell Bing as a running back?
Bing if he went back to USC for his senior year was going to be used as a tailback because of the departure of White and Bush. Considering the Pats drafted Cassell as a project off the USC practice squad, i don't think it's out of the question the Pats could be looking at Darnell Bing, at 6'1'' 225 lbs 4.52 40 6.80 3-cone, as the best "big running back" in the draft. Bing was a record setter in high school at Long Beach Poly, Willie's alma mater, and we know BB with his encyclopedic knowledge remembers every player back through high school...

No, Tebucky's going to be the running back.

No, forget I said that, or I'll have to kill you.:eek: (not an inside source on the Patriots.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft