PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another crazy Slag Theory - Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
OK.

Last year's Denver loss was probably the worst one Brady has ever suffered in his career. I think he felt personally responsible for the loss.

Since that loss, you can say he hasn't been the same. Compound that by the loss of his Binky, having to get acclimated to a new receiving corp. and then having to face Denver again in week 3 may have his usually tightly screwed on head....not straight.

I don't think I'm totally off on this.

I have a different theory. Brady was forced to carry the team on his shoulders last year -- no running game.

I think he's having trouble adjusting to the fact that he doesn't need to carry the team. When up by 24 points in the second half, run the damn ball. Don't abandon the run and start heaving the rock downfield. You don't need to.

I bet the first meeting tomorrow morning is Belichick, Daniels, and Brady to remind them how wonderful ball-control offense with a 24 point lead can be.

Slagathor said:
OK.

Last year's Denver loss was probably the worst one Brady has ever suffered in his career. I think he felt personally responsible for the loss.

Since that loss, you can say he hasn't been the same. Compound that by the loss of his Binky, having to get acclimated to a new receiving corp. and then having to face Denver again in week 3 may have his usually tightly screwed on head....not straight.

I don't think I'm totally off on this.

I do not disagree but would like to add this point.

Brady has historicaly lost focus when he has a huge lead...He seems to be at his best comming from behind or in a close game.....i think that as the pressure mounts Brady preforms better because circumstances allow him focus with having to think about it. Thus unlike most people who wilt under pressure Brady's mind clears and he actually functions better.

So we may have to get used to having the best clutch QB in the league only perform at that perfect level when faced with comming from behind or maintaining a slim lead.

Just my 2 cents from my observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes