PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Addai and other combine stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrazyeye

On the Roster
Reaction score
Joseph Addai just ran a 4.37 40. At 215 pounds this kid looks like a great fit for the pats , due to the fact that he can catch the ball, run with power, and can block also (as he also has played some fullback)

Maurice Drew looked very very quick, ended up running a 4.41

Ganther from Utah lifted 225 pounds 29 times. 29! thats more than most offensive linemen!!

Some more RB info:

Joseph Addai (LSU) - 4.41/4.37
Mike Bell (Arizona) - 4.62
Matt Bernstein (Wisconsin) - 4.90
Brian Calhoun (Wisconsin) - 4.65
P.J. Daniels (GT) - 4.64
Maurice Drew (UCLA) - 4.45/4.41
Quinten Ganther (Utah) - 4.61
Andre Hall (USF) - 4.48
Gilbert Harris (Arizona) - 4.79
Jerome Harrison (Washington State) - 4.50
Taurean Henderson (Texas Tech) - 4.58
Cedric Humes - 4.71
David Kirtman (USC) - 4.71
Wali Lundy (UVA) - 4.54

Yeah, Addai's times were very, very impressive given those of the others. After him it's a really bad RB class other than 3rd down speciailty type guys.

drew4008 said:
Some more RB info:

Joseph Addai (LSU) - 4.41/4.37
Mike Bell (Arizona) - 4.62
Matt Bernstein (Wisconsin) - 4.90
Brian Calhoun (Wisconsin) - 4.65
P.J. Daniels (GT) - 4.64
Quinten Ganther (Utah) - 4.61
Andre Hall (USF) - 4.48
Gilbert Harris (Arizona) - 4.79
Jerome Harrison (Washington State) - 4.50
Taurean Henderson (Texas Tech) - 4.58
Cedric Humes - 4.71
David Kirtman (USC) - 4.71
Wali Lundy (UVA) - 4.54

Except that Matt Bernstein is a FB, not a RB. Am surprised at that speed because he runs better than that.

What about cone drill stuff? Don't the Pats look even more closely at those drills?

Why does every site have different numbers?

The running backs got going in Group 3, with UCLA’s Maurice Drew (4.39) just beating out LSU’s Joseph Addai (4.40) for the top time.

This is Patriots.com.

I know there are different trials, but you can't get to 4.39 averaging these numbers. :confused:

NFL.com

Joseph Addai of LSU was fast at 4.37 in the 40; Maurice Drew of UCLA ran 4.43

Do they use sun dials? :D :rolleyes:

It gets wierder. These times are from the Bronco's site supposedly using info from Gil Brandt who wrote the NFL.com article.

1. Maurice Drew, UCLA: 4.39 seconds
2. Joseph Addai, LSU: 4.40 seconds

I'm not even looking for this stuff anymore but....

Great Blue North: both Maurice Drew of UCLA and Joseph Addai of LSU cracked the 4.40 barrier with Drew clocking in at 4.37 and Addai at 4.40 :bricks:

Last edited:
RayClay said:
Why does every site have different numbers?

The running backs got going in Group 3, with UCLA’s Maurice Drew (4.39) just beating out LSU’s Joseph Addai (4.40) for the top time.

This is Patriots.com.

I know there are different trials, but you can't get to 4.39 averaging these numbers. :confused:

NFL.com

Joseph Addai of LSU was fast at 4.37 in the 40; Maurice Drew of UCLA ran 4.43

Do they use sun dials? :D :rolleyes:

It gets wierder. These times are from the Bronco's site supposedly using info from Gil Brandt who wrote the NFL.com article.

1. Maurice Drew, UCLA: 4.39 seconds
2. Joseph Addai, LSU: 4.40 seconds

I'm not even looking for this stuff anymore but....

Great Blue North: both Maurice Drew of UCLA and Joseph Addai of LSU cracked the 4.40 barrier with Drew clocking in at 4.37 and Addai at 4.40 :bricks:
Everybody has their own stop watch and their own idea when a player's motion starts. The official time for Addai 4.4 and Drew 4.39 per NFL Total Access' recap of the day.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Everybody has their own stop watch and their own idea when a player's motion starts. The official time for Addai 4.4 and Drew 4.39 per NFL Total Access' recap of the day.

If there is no "official" time I'm actually glad.

I don't know how you can see a guy run, break tackles and make cuts for 4 years, (sometimes), then discount his ability based on one bad sprint.

The guy has a bad breakfast and that negates 4 years of actual football performance?

LOL.

From the "what do I know" file -

I'm not a talent scout but Addai looked very flexible and quick in all his movements, not just straight ahead. Tremendous body, too.

Maurice Drew has thighs like Popeye had forearms. He looks pretty tough for a little guy, with quick, solid feet as well.

A lot of the other guys looked stiff or slow or both, it was easy to see the differences in many cases.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
From the "what do I know" file -

I'm not a talent scout but Addai looked very flexible and quick in all his movements, not just straight ahead. Tremendous body, too.

Maurice Drew has thighs like Popeye had forearms. He looks pretty tough for a little guy, with quick, solid feet as well.

A lot of the other guys looked stiff or slow or both, it was easy to see the differences in many cases.

Those are useful observations.

I'm impressed with the toughness of Drew for a short guy. Haven't been able to locate a video of Addai, though.

It's all about how you play football, though.

I'll never forget our owner holding the stop watch and drooling over the great Tebucky Jones. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Some Official Times from Group 3...

Jerome Harrison- 4.47
Wali Lundy- I think 4.46, he also displayed extremely impressive hands, he may have worked himself into the 1st day with such an impressive workout...
Maurice Drew- 4.39, also has a 36 inch vertical and was very impressive
Joseph Addai- 4.40, turned some heads with great speed, also recorded a 39 inch vertical and displayed very good hands
Andre Hall- 4.42

RayClay said:
If there is no "official" time I'm actually glad.

I don't know how you can see a guy run, break tackles and make cuts for 4 years, (sometimes), then discount his ability based on one bad sprint.

The guy has a bad breakfast and that negates 4 years of actual football performance?

LOL.
Yep, I prefer tape to measurables. The RB I liked was PJ Daniels from GA Tech. He had a 4.6-ish 40, but looked just as sharp as Addai in the cut drill. He ran well in the Hula Bowl behind some questionable linemen, he also caught a pass (nice hands grab) out of the slot, so I can see him on the Practice Squad developing behind Faulk. Mayock reported he had a big sophomore season, but was hampered by injuries the last two years - we've seen guys like Willie go through bad spells and emerge, I like him as a second day option.

The numbers on Patriots.com are official. They don't report them until the NFL calls the times "official" so Addai's time is a 4.4 and not 4.37.

RayClay said:
I'll never forget our owner holding the stop watch and drooling over the great Tebucky Jones. :rolleyes:
Yeah, too bad that never actually happened. You can thank the fertile mind of Dan Shaughnessy for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News