42 reasons to celebrate New York Jets' Super Bowl shortcomings - Sun Sentinel
Herewith, 42 Reasons to Celebrate the Jets' Playoff Elimination (one for every season they've failed to get back to the Super Bowl):
42. Sal "The Tripper" Alosi won't be getting a ring.
40. All of Antonio Cromartie's 3-year-olds
39. Braylon Edwards' scraggly early-season beard.
38. Mike Westhoff's B-cup, er, pecs.
37. Santonio Holmes coming that cheap.
36. That stupid spread-armed, flying thing.
33. Litigious team masseuses and their husbands.
17. Everything Joe Namath failed to do after his guarantee.
14. Ray Romano and Kevin James, celebrity Jets fans.
11. All five forced episodes of Hard Knocks
10. Rex on the treadmill in the morning. Like that's going to make a dent.
8. The wit and wisdom of Schotty.
7. The Terminator. He's just a freakin' rookie fullback.
6. "Let's go get a (expletive) snack!"
5. Rex slamming his headset to the ground in Pittsburgh.
4. Sanchize wiping his snot on Mark Brunell's jersey. (Gross!
3. Thinking they could steal Jason Taylor from the team he loves and be the ones to get him his long-awaited ring.
2. Fireman Ed having NOTHING to do until draft day.
1. J-E-T-S. Done! Done! Done!