12-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Join Date: Jun 2006
Is this a championship team?
I am of two minds with this one...
Feels like the same old recipe, they team will win or lose with Brady. If he can play elite football they have an excellent chance, if he is not elite the other units are not strong enough to carry the team.
- elite quarterback
- elite offense
- elite coaching
- no dominant teams in the NFL
- relatively healthy
- defense is average or below average
- pass defense is poor (This has become self-fulfilling, teams know they are poor and boldly abandon the run to attack the Patriots)
- league is competitive, at least 5-6 teams have true shots at the Superbowl
- run game is inconsistent, against light boxes they can run but when asked to man up and run against base defenses they struggle