Originally Posted by MossWelkowski
Anyone really nervous about this game? This feels like a playoff game almost. I can't imagine either the pats or the ravens being 1-2.
No, not nervous. It's September, not January. A loss doesn't mean the season ends. We could win this game and have it be a negative impact on our season (for example, a major injury), and we could lose it and have it be a positive impact on our season. BB has turned losses into positives many times before:
- In 2001 BB used a close loss to the juggernaut Rams to convince his team that they could play with anyone. The team won out the rest of the way, including beating the Rams in the Super Bowl.
- In 2003 the team started off by losing 31-0 to the Bills.
- In 2004 the team's winning streak was halted by the Steelers, who the team later beat convincingly in the AFCCG en route to their second consecutive SB win.
- In 2010 the team got beaten up by the upstart Cleveland Browns just before starting a brutal stretch of games. BB used the loss to re-focus the team, who ran the table the rest of the season with wins over the Steelers, Jets, Lions, Packers and Bears, among others.
- In 2011 the team had consecutive losses to Pittsburgh and the Giants. BB cut Albert Haynesworth for dogging it during the Giants game, and the team didn't lose another game until the Super Bowl.
We could lose tonight and then run the table the rest of the way. It wouldn't shock me. The talent on this team is staggering, and BB is the best coach in the league. It may take some time to get things to gel, but I have no doubt that this team will be awesome once the players get on the same page.