01-26-2012, 09:37 PM
In the Starting Line-up
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pittston, PA
Re: My Takeaways from the Week 9 matchup and why this time will be much different
After rewatching the game tonight:
- We had 4 turnovers (Brady forcing a ball to Gronk with Welker open 5 yards underneath him, Brady strip-sacked (Boley beat Light), Edelman fumbled a punt return, and I missed the first INT).
- Brady was forcing the ball to Ocho
- Brady was generally off target on a lot of throws early on, he really got rolling late though
- Stupid penalties (Arrington PI set up a Giants score late in the 4th, Sergio Brown (Who with any luck won't sniff the field) PI on the goal line with 26 seconds left)
- Injuries (Chung hurt his foot, Spikes got injured) forced Brown, Guyton, and White into action in the 4th quarter, two of those players were directly responsible for the game winning TD, White in coverage, Brown on the PI at the goal line. Without those 2 playing, there was a good chance NYG settles for a FG or simply fails to score.
If we can eliminate one INT and the ST Turnover (which gave NYG the ball at our 10, they scored the next play I believe) we win by 10 probably, despite the injuries.
Edit: I want to see Tom throw the ball away in the SB if he has to. In the NYG and Ravens games if he didn't have what he wanted, he threw it anyways. He threw about 3 of his INTs doing this: Forced to Gronk vs NYG, forced to Edelman vs Ravens, forced to Slater vs Ravens.
Last edited by strngplyr; 01-26-2012 at 09:41 PM..