1. Because it means that we’d see the Patriots win, of course.
But there are other reasons.
2. The Colts belong in Baltimore
3. … but they still whine about being a “small market” team.
4. Bill Polian. Loud-mouthed, one-eyed bully. Can anyone think of someone less appropriate to be on the League’s Competition Committee?
Which brings me to
5. Refereeing. Every sore loser in the NFL blames the referees for losses, so I’ll not talk about Colts-Patriots. Just remember the play-off game in 05 against the Steelers. I’ve no love for the Steelers, but it was hard to look at that game without thinking “how much are these guys being paid to make those calls”?
6. And Peyton Manning. On the (rare) occasions that a call looks like it might go against the Colts, he thinks he has the right to step into the referees’ discussions to give his two cents. In other sports, that would be an automatic extra penalty. Unsportsmanlike conduct? Seems so to me.
7. And Peyton Manning – and that chicken dance.
8. And every single Peyton Manning advert – but especially that idiotic one in the corridors.
9. Their kicker – what was his name?
10. And finally, their fans. Of course, we have been cursed with egregious blowhards coming on to the board this season (Ryan is the exception). But are they typical of Indianapolis fans? Well, I have never been to Indianapolis, and if this video is anything to go by I'm not anxious to change that. If you haven't seen it, you must:
I rest my case – get your popcorn! Go Pats!