08-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Join Date: Sep 2004
Re: Brian Hoyer reminds me...
We got some interesting selections one that we had not named, anyone of us but who fits, and some that I don't think apply at all.
So I'll give you the collective scouting report we agreed on for Brian Hoyer. And you can assume the similar profile for our choice of who he "exactly resembles".
1) Hoyer is Fair sized but not a Big Guy like Manning or Rothlesburger.
2) Hoyer has a good arm but not a cannon and throws a "catchable" ball.
3) Hoyer has mobility and he can move, but is not particularly known as a running or scrambling QB.
4) Hoyer is more of a "Thinking Man's" QB.
5) Hoyer has a relatively fast release, and an very accurate arm.
6) Hoyer seems "to throw them where they ain't".
7) Hoyer likes to find his man and get rid of the football pretty quickly.
7) Hoyer has been known to hold onto the ball until the last second, before throwing it, or throwing it away.
8) Hoyer is not prone to holding it too long, and then eating it.
9) Hoyer seems to favor a ball-control, short, medium range passing, and the run game, to move the ball.
10) Hoyer is best summarized as a QB who seems to exhibit lots of something called unflappability.
11) Hoyer's best one word description is "POISE".