01-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Rebuilding: Where do we start
We have a QB that can take us quite far... but in my opinon we need to:
1) protect the QB, Brady is amazing with time.
Guard play and ROT was horrible this year
2) WR : It bgeins with Moss and ends with Welker
Aiken, Edelman and Tate may be helpful but not scaring anyone....
With Welker's injury this becomes a desperate need
1) Find a leader!
2) Get more talent on the DL, if we stay with the 3-4, we need more quality depth. (sign Wilfork, move Brace to DE) and find quality depth.
3) LB core is sub par, Mayo is a budding star (so was Vincent Brown), get him some help inside and move Guyton to OLB where he belongs.
4) Pass rush is paramount, find one! Blitz or find natural pass rushers that can play this D!
5) CB : 3 quality CBs are nessesary these days, sign bodden is a must, ( no clue what to do with springs) and draft a 2 players with size that can play middle rounds.
All in all we are falling behind the pack, Pats need to adapt to the new NFL and BB needs to adjust. Pats have never really had an identity, they are an ameboa for every situation. Problem is they just dont have the talent or the supporting cast to be that flexible. The next 2 drafts will really determine the future of this team for the next 10 years.
We have so many picks in a strong draft perhaps we should use them like other teams instead of trading for the future.
IMO we have missed too many play makers at the LB position, due to stuborness at BB's level. Look at game changes such as Dansby and Mathews among others which we have passed on.