Not open for further replies.

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
borg said:
Summary...Pats will resod the center strip after the Rock movie finishes up Oct 24. NFL rules do not allow a change in surface midseason.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NE/9735579

I'd bet you'd get all of the owners of teams set to play in Gillette the rest of the year to vote for a special dispensation from the rule...

This plan makes much more sense, timetablewise. Sucks that the Colts will have the new sod to play on. I guess their whiney hiney ways got them what they wanted.

Brownfan80 said:
Sucks that the Colts will have the new sod to play on.
Hehehee.. remember the last resodding... the Patriots "practiced too soon" on it and it became a muddy mess. We can (oops) always hope :)

Also that article pointed out that the underground heating system needs to be turned down to keep that area near the freezing point so the turf sets up. I'm hoping for a little unseasonable warmth... natural or otherwise. ;)

BB wanted no Moss on the new sod.

Thank god that field was really embarassing.

I TOLD you so! Knew from the get-go that ersatz turf couldn't be installed mid-season.

There will be frozen mud for the playoffs - frubious joy!

Box_O_Rocks said:
There will be frozen mud for the playoffs - frubious joy!
Not sure I've ever mentioned this before.... but I loves me a muddy game of football.
:rocker:

It was turf all along

Turf and Sod are the same thing - as I said on the original thread, someone heard "turf" and assumed it meant "artificial turf"

There's dozens of turf farms near my house - they grow sod - not artificial turf

JoeSixPat said:
It was turf all along

Turf and Sod are the same thing - as I said on the original thread, someone heard "turf" and assumed it meant "artificial turf"

There's dozens of turf farms near my house - they grow sod - not artificial turf
You darned farmers, lording it over us ignorant slickers. :D

I think it's a load of crap that if other teams (won't name names) ***** enough, the NFL will force franchises to conform. If Belichick wants to play on a bed of rusty nails then that's his choice. All this hoopla is making other teams (again, no names) look even whinier than they already are.

Caspir said:
I think it's a load of crap that if other teams (won't name names) ***** enough, the NFL will force franchises to conform. If Belichick wants to play on a bed of rusty nails then that's his choice. All this hoopla is making other teams (again, no names) look even whinier than they already are.

Just like kids often grow up to be like their parents, it's ironic that Manning is such a whiner. Ironic because the Colts leadership (see parent analogy) are such whiners.

According to the Herald, we are getting Fieldturf - possibly in time for Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
The sod might be all screwed up by the time the Colts arrive anyway. They lay it down on the 25th, the Revolution play a home game on the 28th.

http://web.mlsnet.com/mls/schedule/index.jsp

If the Revolution win on the 28th, would they play another home game on the 4th?

Caspir said:
I disagree. That field is an embarrassment and I for one am glad something is being done about it. It goes against the spirit of the game and we're probably lucky we or another team didn't have a major injury. That field is equivilant to the beach that Robert Edwards played on that basically ended his NFL career.

We've played 2 games on the road, and if it wasn't for a couple of fluke plays for the Jets, we would have 2 blowouts but yet we struggled against 2 inferior teams at home. I know it's early but I think the field has something to do with it. We'll see how the Bills game goes.

Last edited:
waspie (UK) said:
According to the Herald, we are getting Fieldturf - possibly in time for Thanksgiving.

That was an erroneous report - and was actually not even a report - just based on the un-cited speculation from another media outlet, because they knew the NFL had demanded that the existing turf (or sod) be replaced.

Even this story clearly states that no one from the company or the team said they were getting Field Turf.

If any of the reporters had checked with the NFL they would know that teams are prohibited from change playing surfaces mid-season.

Maybe next season - who knows. I'm a purist, and prefer grass, but this new stuff is pretty close to the real thing - if the players like it, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back