PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Klis thinks the ball boy switched balls in the bathroom

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I still cannot tell if he said it tongue in cheek or he believes it. But in a column about how Goodell could improve his image, Mike Klis of the Denver Post claims he doesn't believe the ball boy deflated balls in the bathroom, but he swapped out the balls inspected by the refs with deflated balls. I'd like to think he is smarter than that, but he is also the guy who thinks Chris Harris is the best CB in the NFL and the #2 guy isn't even close.

From his column:

3. Get closure to Deflategate. I don't think the ball boy deflated footballs during his 90-second trip to the bathroom. I think he switched the bag of footballs. Big deal. No more slow bleed. Push it out and move on. Stop with making a federal investigation out of every crisis. Assemble a committee of owners and league executives and rely on your support staff to help navigate those choppy seas.

http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_27482707/klis-heres-how-nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-can

If he is serious, does he realize that Walt Anderson signs every football after he inspects it?

I will give him credit in that he has always felt this whole thing is overblown.

reaching_for_global_sales_as_business_fails_is_too_late.png

Can someone tweet him (don't have a twitter) that every referee must sign the football after inspecting it? I think even the equipment manager must sign something after inspecting it, but don't hold me to that.

Hey, it's cool if he feels it's overblown, but don't throw theories out there because the press will run with it and that's irresponsible considering the facts.

I still cannot tell if he said it tongue in cheek or he believes it. But in a column about how Goodell could improve his image, Mike Klis of the Denver Post claims he doesn't believe the ball boy deflated balls in the bathroom, but he swapped out the balls inspected by the refs with deflated balls. I'd like to think he is smarter than that, but he is also the guy who thinks Chris Harris is the best CB in the NFL and the #2 guy isn't even close.

From his column:

http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_27482707/klis-heres-how-nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-can

If he is serious, does he realize that Walt Anderson signs every football after he inspects it?

I will give him credit in that he has always felt this whole thing is overblown.
This theory may not be as far fetched as you may think.
We had about 30 balls with Anderson's mark on it because he had previously refereed a game in the year. As to why we will have more than 24 balls with his signature around is a mystery to me but others think it is not a big deal.

This theory may not be as far fetched as you may think.
We had about 30 balls with Anderson's mark on it because he had previously refereed a game in the year. As to why we will have more than 24 balls with his signature around is a mystery to me but others think it is not a big deal.

The refs kept the back up balls. And the back up balls even if they were given back to the Pats would be held until the same time the released the active footballs. So there is no way they could do this.

you can't switch them you dumbass, they are marked with each team's logo (or special mark).

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back