PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Convicted murderer arrested in McNair case

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
ATF: La Vergne ex-con sold Kazemi the gun that killed McNair from The Tennessean

Adrian Gilliam Jr. of La Vergne has been arrested in connection with the Steve McNair shooting, accused of supplying the gun that killed the NFL great.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms and Tobacco arrested Gilliam.

The gun offense is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine up to $250,000. Gilliam has a 3 p.m. arraignment today before Judge Clifton Knowles.

Gilliam, 33, was convicted in Miami-Dade County, Fla., in 1993 of three counts of armed robbery and second-degree murder.

I figured they'd go after whomever sold her the gun. Given the high profile nature of the case and his past history, things aren't looking too good for this guy right now.

continue reading ...

Which brings up the obvious point - why was he on the street. Murder conviction (should) mean life in prison with non chance of parole. If it means releasing non violent criminals, so be it. Duh.

Which brings up the obvious point - why was he on the street. Murder conviction (should) mean life in prison with non chance of parole. If it means releasing non violent criminals, so be it. Duh.

The legal system is a joke.

Yeah, no kidding. If you're going to start releasing prisoners, there are an absolute ton of non-violent offenders that I wouldn't even care if they were back in society. Keep the murderers locked up though...

Yeah, no kidding. If you're going to start releasing prisoners, there are an absolute ton of non-violent offenders that I wouldn't even care if they were back in society. Keep the murderers locked up though...

I agree completely. I have argued for years that non-violent offenders should be placed under house arrest, with an ankle bracelet, and kept employed. Hand them a fine large enough to cover both the costs of supervision and monitoring, as well as restitution for their victims, plus court costs. When you put someone into prison, it takes them off the tax rolls and forces the taxpayers to pony up more to cover the costs of shelter and board.

Prisons should be reserved for the truly dangerous and deranged. Like the fellow who sold the gun.

I agree...not sure why he was out..THAT is an interesting question. The number of people on drug related charges for example is mind boggling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST