PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS OT Calvin Anderson revises contract

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
We have enough cap room in 2024, 2025 and 2026, so that cutting any player is NOT prevented by any salary cap issues.

We just absorb the cap hit in the current years, or spread out the dead money over the next couple of years by other actions.
======
I well understand that you would be happy to cut Anderson now and have no issues or no cares as to whether he would benefit the team by eventually being on the 53.

He COULD be one of our TEN best OL's at the time of the cut, or not.

Personally, I am fine with waiting to find out.

As of right now, I see us with Onwenu, top LT draftee, Okorafor and Anderson.

I'm fine if Anderson gets beaten out by Wheatley, Steuber, another draftee, or another signing.
The more the merrier. It ain’t 53 right now it’s 90. if he even just has a 50% chance to come back in form and be a top 5 or top 8 OL option; then it is well worth it to keep him thru TC.
His $1,260,000 salary is guaranteed, plus his expected workout bonus.
Ok, what is the vet min for a 3-4 year player?. You are likely talking a few hundred K difference.

So it isn’t like you are going to find guys substantially cheaper at equal or better potential. Yeah, you don’t like to think about flushing cap if he gets cut; but I bet they are thinking 40% odds he is in that 8 (5+ 3 rotational) 40% he is in 10 roster spots and only 10-20% he gets cut. Sometimes you gotta put money down on red or black and let it roll

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back