PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT 2024 3rd Round Pick - OT Caeden Wallace

There is zero evidence that Onwenu is moving to RG,

Don't you still want Sow to move to LG?

Doesn't this leave a hole at RG where we drafted Robinson?

If you leave Onwenu at RT, Robinson can fit at RG, but Wallace is an odd selection. If you move Onwenu to RG, than Wallace makes sense at RT, but Robinson is an odd pick. Either way, drafting Wallace and Robinson is odd.

Wallace playing LT is very unlikely. Wallace's weakness is speed rushers and at LT Wallace would face faster guys. Not a good fit.

In another video he ranked him as the 9th best tackle in the class, and possibly the best pass blocker

Even if everyone is healthy for all years and injuries don't play into it... I find it hard to believe that the starting 5 on the OL to open this upcoming 2024 season will be the same 5-man combo we open the 2025 season with. And I find it almost unfathomable that it will be the same 5 to open 2026.

The reality on this OL is that they only have 2 players who are locked in and proven as quality starters. David Andrews at C (can't play anywhere else) and then Onwneu at RG or RT and when there's so much turmoil on the line I can understand them wanting to pencil him in at the harder to fill spot of RT over RG.

Strange and Sow have shown flashes but both have also shown weaknesses that prevent them from being able to be labeled quality starters right now. Okorafor had quality years in PIT and it might not have just been about his own play but end of the day he did get benched and cut. Mafi and Jake Andrews are still inexperienced and the rookies are rookies. Anderson hasn't been a true starter level player and Lowe/Wheatley are still developmental prospects.

I don't have high expectations for this OL in terms of settling the whole thing. I just hope for a level of play the next 1-2 years that isn't so outrageously bad that it ruins the development of everyone else. I think they're probably going to need this year to really sift through their options and see which positions guys can really step up in, and then next year once they did that first round of sifting they'll have to go out and add guys that fill in the gaps.

RG is the Easiest position on the OL to fill. Doesn't take the 103rd overall damn pick in the draft to do so either; especially when we have so many other, more crucial, holes to fill with that high a pick.

Oh really Sow and Wallace can potentially play RT.

Is David Andrews our surprise veteran retirement this year? J Andrews and the udfa fron lsu are decent centers. Onwenu at right guard and Wallace at right tackle are a decent combination.
sow at left guard and Okafor at left tackle are weak!

Patrick Paul now with the Phins versus Caedan Wallace if the latter makes the transition to LT will have to be remembered.

My prediction is Patrick Paul will become a stud LT while Wallace will never excel out of the right side.

Critical error by the Pats to ignore LT in the second round. A level of idiocy that’s momentous especially now that the Jets have figured it out.

Build the line before having the supposed franchise quarterback.

Since when are the Jets a more reputable franchise than the Patriots?

Are the Patriots going to win more than one game against the afc east rivals?

I don't have high expectations for this OL in terms of settling the whole thing. I just hope for a level of play the next 1-2 years that isn't so outrageously bad that it ruins the development of everyone else. I think they're probably going to need this year to really sift through their options and see which positions guys can really step up in, and then next year once they did that first round of sifting they'll have to go out and add guys that fill in the gaps.
agree

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back