I guess we're doomed. [/panic]
1. Put Week 2 out of your mind. The Pats O has changed drastically and the defense has grown up. The Jest have changed as well, and Sanchez isn't the check-down, INT-free "all-pro" he was in September.
2. Put 45-3 out of your mind. Those games are special, but they are for a reason. Everything has to go right for a night like that, and that's pretty rare. You can't expect it to go perfectly every time.
3. The Pats TEs, WRs, and RBs still match up very well against the Jets, with or without Leonhard (i.e. whether or not the Jets have adjusted to the new situation is irrelevant). Branch and Welker are still too quick and shifty, and all of the Pats O are great for YAC, something that the Jets backfield has struggled with.
4. The weather forecast is looking iffy. There's no telling in New England what the hell will happen in 24 hours, let alone a week, but the forecasts all seem to agree that some instability is afoot for next Sunday. Rain/snow favors the Pats tremendously, especially the snow. I need to update my info on Brady and the offense in cold weather, but the record is consistently superb. The same cannot be said of the Jets.
5. The Jets have had time to study the tale of the tape regarding the Pats offense. The same was true of the Bears as well, and IMO, the Bears have the more intimidating defense because they do tackle better.
6. The Jets still have trouble pressuring the QB without the blitz. Manning had light years back there.
7. The Pats D is rounding into form and I expect the ballhawks to be out after Sanchez.
8. For the Jets to win, these things need to happen.
a. The Jets D must contain the Pats offense, preferably by holding them under 30 points.
b. The Jets O must score TDs and do it often, while controlling the clock. They'll probably need between 27 and 42 points to win.
c. Sanchez cannot throw INTs.
d. Folk has got to make his kicks.
e. If they do all of this, they've got a chance to win. It's up to you to decide whether or not the pieces can fall into place to make this happen. I personally don't see it.