09-11-2012, 07:03 AM
In the Starting Line-up
Join Date: Mar 2007
Week 2 Sweet 16
(Otherwise known as "Overreaction Week)
1. New England (+1) - All it took was one week for the home team to move into the top spot in the rankings, after a thoroughly dominating win on the road against a pretty solid Tennessee club, combined with a loss by the previous #1, Green Bay. Given the Pats' schedule, they may not relenquish this spot.
2. Houston (+3) - Three of my top 5 teams from last week lost, but Houston isn't one of them. An impressive 20-point win puts them at #2. They're good. Very good.
3. Denver (+3) - Another impressive performance, combined with some losses by teams ahead of them, puts Denver in the top 3. I know many folks here disagree with this, but I like their defense and if Peyton is Peyton....they're going to be really tough.
4. Baltimore (+5) - Big move up in the rankings, after a terrific win against Cincinnati last night. Dominated on both sides of the ball. Just as the thought of a Patriots team with a really good defense must send shivers down the spine of opposing coaches, so too must a Ravens team with a really good offense.
5. San Francisco (+5) - Gotta hand it to them. They looked very impressive against Green Bay. Took it to them for real.
6. Green Bay (-5) - I still think they're very good, but they have now lost two in a row, by a combined 25 points, dating back to last year.
7. Atlanta (+4) - Absolutely crushed a pretty decent KC squad. Again, the question for this club is all about the playoffs. Can they get it done there?
8. Dallas (+7) - Biggest mover in the rankings. Impressive performance against the defending champs, on the road no less.
9. NY Giants (-5) - Can't drop them out of the top 10 yet.
10. Philadelphia (-3) - Yep, moving them down after a win. Why? Because it was a very lucky win against a terrible opponent, and they looked like crap doing it.
11. Washington (N/A) - Going into New Orleans and beating up the Saints in RG3's debut? Wow. Impressive.
12. New Orleans (-9) - Loved the fight, trying to get back into the game, but boy, they were beaten up pretty good by the Redskins.
13. Chicago (--) - Looked great in their win on Sunday. Cutler-to-Marshall is lethal.
14. Detroit (-2) - Another winning team that drops in the standings. For basically the same reason Philly did.
15. NY Jets (N/A) - Blowout win against a team most people (including myself) thought was going to be pretty good in the Bills.
16. San Diego (N/A) - Nice win over Oakland. If they could ever get off to a good start, the Chargers might have something. They have always had talent.
Moving up: NE, Hou, Den, Bal, SF, Atl, Dal
Moving down: GB, NYG, Phi, NO, Det
Moving in: Was, NYJ, SD
Moving out: Buf, KC, Pit