This list is brought to you by your friends at profootballweekly.com. I hate that I am talking about the 2009 draft only a month after the 2008 draft, but for giggles it will be fun to see how it all turns out a year from now.
1. MLB James Laurinaitis / Ohio State.
2. OLT Michael Oher / Mississippi State.
3. DE Michael Johnson / GA Tech.
4. CB Malcom Jenkins / Ohio State.
5. MLB Rey Maualugo / USC.
6. TE Brandon Pettigrew / Oklahoma State.
7. MLB Darry Beckwith / LSU.
8. DE Tyson Jackson / LSU.
9. OLT Phil Loadholt / OU.
10. LB Brian Cushing / USC.
1. QB Matt Stafford / Georgia.
2. CB Vontae Davis / Illinois.
3. DE Everette Brown / FSU.
4. WR Darrius Heyward-Bey / Maryland.
5. RB Chris Wells / Ohio State.
6. DE Auston English / OU.
7. DE Willie Young / NC State
8. DE Maurice Evans / Penn State.
9. S Taylor Mays / USC.
10. TE Jermaine Gresham / OU.
4 senior linebackers
makes me think that there will be talent at the position when the Pats pick in the first round. I'm not saying I know where the Pats are going to pick or that they will even be interested in a LB in the first round, but depth leads to surplus. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kirk Morrison of Oakland is a free agent next year. Unless they franchise him, he would be a valuable commodity that could be neglected with guys like Beckworth and Cushing coming out.
6 defensive ends
2 tight ends
(one in each category) had Patriots written all over it. Watson has been serviceable at best, but he surely isn't the second coming of Ben Coates.
Matt Stafford has NY Jets written all over him. Pennington is going to be under fire quickly.