Since I'd like to see a contest where the winning score is more than 15%, I suggest we have a second contest just for picking the positions
BB and SP will draft next weekend.
Here are the rules:
(1) For each of the eight draft picks the Pats currently have, you pick one of the following positions, where you feel that player will play with the Patriots:
- OL (includes C, G, and T)
- DL (includes DT and DE)
- LB (includes ILB and OLB; DE/LB conversions go here)
- S (includes FS and SS)
- ST (includes P, K, and LS)
- Trade out if you believe that pick will be traded away for picks in 2009.
(2) You get points if, at any point after you make your picks and before the end of the draft, that pick turns into a player at that position. So, for example, if you have the 5th turning into a LB, and the Pats trade for Adam Seward after
you pick, you get points. Similarly, if the Pats trade #7 for #10 and a second, and either
of those picks is used on the position you picked for #7, you get points.
(3) Scoring is as follows:
for an exactly correct pick (e.g., #7 CB = CB), or for correctly predicting a trade out in the first five rounds
for an exactly correct pick in rounds 6 or 7
for a pick off by one (e.g., #7 CB, Pats take CB at #62)
if the Pats pick that position at any point in the draft
Highest score, of course, wins.
I'll start things off with two entries, my real entry:
1 -- LB
2 -- CB
3a -- TE
3b -- S
4 -- CB
5 -- OL
6 -- P
7 -- RB
And, of course, the Belichick special:
1, 2, 3a, 3b, 4, 5, 6, 7 -- TE