02-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Pats, B's, Sox
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sacshe, TX (by way of Salem,NH)
Re: This the year we go double WR?
With only 4 picks right now, I think the chances of going 2 WRs is less than 1%. Not when the Pats have issues on the D-line, O-Line, and in the Secondary.
And before you say they don't have issues on the D-line and O-line, let's remember this:
1) They don't truly have an effective back-up for Wilfork.
2) Deaderick had moved past Love by the end of the year.
3) Pryor's status is still unknown, but he's yet to stay healthy
4) They don't have an effective back-up behind Ninkovich or Jones.
5) Donald Thomas is a UFA. As is Vollmer.
6) The Pats don't know what they have in Zusevics. Can he be a swing tackle for this O-line.
7) Connolly is better at Center than at Guard.
8) McDonald didn't progress (to my eyes anyways) and really is a man without a position as he's not as good as Wendell or Connolly at center or at Guard and he should only be at Tackle if everyone else is hurt.
9) Dowling hasn't been able to stay healthy.
10) Talib is a UFA and the leak that the Pats don't want to offer him a multi-year deal and question his work ethic is huge.
11) Arrington is a UFA at the "STAR" or Slot CB position.
12) Maquice Cole is a UFA.
Now, many of these will be answered prior to the draft, via free agency. Until then, I'd have to say no. They'll add one via the draft, one via free agency and probably bring in a few via UDFAs and Street Free Agents to see what shakes out.