- First off. Both our team and the Giants were lucky to even be there. It could have just as easily have been the Ravens vs. 49ers
. I am happy we even got the chance to compete for another Lombardi. Our team overachieved
this year. We had an easy schedule AND lucked out in the playoffs with Denver beating the Steelers, and a missed FG from the Ravens. Our luck ran out tonight as their were many opportunities, but things just didn't go our way.
- Tom Brady
played both good and bad. The Safety to start the game was terrible. It killed us in the end too since it meant even a FG would've won the Giants the game at the end. He put us in the hole 9-0. Tired out our defense. It looked like he just panicked. The long INT was bad also. Though Gronkowski
is also at fault. He put his hand up and called for it. He couldve at least knocked the WR down and got offensive PI.
- Brady had a strange look I've never seen on HIM before. It reminded me of a fighter going into the ring against a young Mike Tyson
. He looked scared before the game even started. He looked like he hadn't slept all night. This isn't the same state of mind Brady had when he won 3 SB's.
- With that said, other than the INT and Safety, he played pretty well. He was hitting receivers. Welker dropped a pass that couldve put us in position to potentially win the game.
- If I were Belichick, *I* would've gone for it on 4th down right there. We had decent field position and leaving the game to Eli Manning
with 3+ minutes to go hasn't been good for ANY team this year. Giants are one of the best at clock management. All they had to do was get a Field Goal to win, thanks to the Safety they got early in the game.
- We were lucky to even get a *chance* to win the game with 1 minute left. If Bradshaw
knelt on the 1 yard line, we wouldn't have even had a shot.
- Not sure why Belichick wasted a challenge/timeout
on that Giants catch by the sidelines.
Someone needs to be fired upstairs in the replay booth. Either they told him to challenge it, or didn't tell him fast enough to NOT challenge it. The Giants WR was clearly inbounds.
- The NYG DLine
isn't all it's hyped up to be. They're good, but we held them off just fine. Don't blame our OLine this time around
makes a good catch. The very next play, we take him off the field. Absolutely puzzling. Let this kid out of his cage.
- Sterling Moore
has a place on our team next year.
- Goodbye Kevin Faulk, Shaun Ellis, Dan Koppen, possibly Deion Branch
. They've all had great careers, but the time to retire is now.
- Mark Anderson
tried a lot of inside rush moves. He got stonewalled EVERYTIME. The only success he had was going outside. The whole year he's been an edge rusher. I can't understand why he tried going inside so many times. He got some decent pressure at times, but it was only on outside rush moves.
Welker Welker..... Honestly, I'm not sure if we should pay him big bucks. He's 1-dimensional (except for the rare blown coverage) and offers no deep threat. That dropped pass was the end of the game. Yes he's great... I know. But we can't seem to get it done in big games with him. Once good defenses clamp down on him, our offense seems to struggle big time. Not just this game, but previous Ravens games and previous NYJ games. I know I will catch alot of flack for that, but it's my honest opinion.
... Probably time to move on from him too.
- It seems that Brady chose to go with WR's that he trusts, rather than trying to make things work with more talented options (Taylor Price, Brandon Tate, Ocho Cinco)
. Brady went from the guy who could spread the ball around to ANYBODY, to a guy that seems picky over who plays WR for him.
- They should have let Ocho Cinco
take his bumps earlier in the season. He never built confidence on our team. I don't honestly believe that he never learned the playbook.
- The Packers or The Saints
would've embarrassed us in that Dome today. Atleast we got a good, close game that we had a chance to win.
- Good game Brandon Spikes
. The real emerging leader of our defense. He was an excellent draft choice and has brought something to our defense that Mayo and Wilfork both lack. Vocal leadership and a "F YOU" smashmouth style of playing.
- You can't blame the defense. You can't blame the offense line
. Brady can take a little of the blame. That's about it. He had more than one chance to prove he's the "Greatest Of All Time"
. We had opportunities to pull away from the Giants. It just didn't happen. Perhaps if he had a prime Jerry Rice catching for him, it would've been different. But he didn't.
- Pierre Paul and Antrell Rolle faked injuries. 100%. The league SERIOUSLY needs to change this crap around. I started another thread on it. they were both blatant.
- Not much else to say right now. We could have won that game. We just didn't.