02-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Section 239, West Corner Endzone
Report from Indy
Got here last night. Went downtown around 8pm, some highlights so far.
- the downtown just filled up w people like a human tsunami, ppl coming in for hours, until it was a Situtation, no one could really move for blocks
- the crowd was heavily Indy families, many with kids. A beautiful 50degree night with free outdoor music, the entire state showed up
- when LMFAO started playing and dropping F-bombs and m*******rs, it made the moms blush, cover kids ears ( literally)
- we hit Aces and Angels party first - wonderful wholesome Midwestern girls in lingerie with wings providing table service
- the ESPN after party next door was our second stop. The place filled up with many nfl athletes, their entourages, and hot women looking for something, and some skinny guys like us taking it all in. Red carpet entrances. Tony Gonzalez, strahan, Plaxico, Marshall Faulk, freeney etc. I had to shepherd my boys home to our rented downtown appt around 4am when the scene got a bit too urban and gritty, and the boys were too confused state
- police have changed flows downtown by the Super Bowl village today to handle the surprising crowds. It's drizzly and colder too. Tho Indy seems to be a friendly okay scale place so far.
- many friendly Indy fans. Few visible giants or pats fans for some reasn. Lots of good banter in the bars
- the nfl honors event is across the street from apt. No way to get a tick tho my one buddy got in w no tick, texting us pics from inside.
- tonight we will see what happens. Checking out nfl experience and tailgate I guess.
Overall Indy is clean and tasteful. They built the new stadium and were rewarded with a super bowl. But no one anticipated that ppl would come from 2-3 hours away to just take it all in, ESP every teenager w a license!
GO PATS !!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"If you counted out the Patriots, you just don't get it." Adam Schein, September 2008
“We are building a big, strong, fast, smart, tough and disciplined football team that. consistently competes for championships.” Guess who.