12-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Which players need to up their game in the postseason for the Pats to win it all?
Originally Posted by Ice_Ice_Brady
Whether it's injury or unknown factors, which five players do you think have the potential to truly be heroes in the postseason by playing to their potential? And do not include players who are already playing great like Brady, Gronk, or Welker. This should be a list where you can look back and say "these players were the x-factors that led to either our success of failure in the playoffs."
Here's my list:
1. McCourty- Probably the biggest x-factor this team has had in years.
2. Chung- Makes a huge difference when he's on the field, but will he get healthy?
3. Solder- Played great this year, but I foresee James Harrison and Terrell Suggs in the cards. Is he ready?
4. Ochocinco- I don't think it's necessary for him to finally fit in for us to win it all, but if he did figure it out, this offense would nearly unstoppable. He will never have an opportunity like this again in his life.
5. Ridley- Lots of SB winners get late boosts from rookie running backs who add a new dimension. Huge opportunity for Ridley.
Working with you list above, I agree that:
1. DMC needs to get back to last year's form or some facsimile thereof.
2. Chung may not get back on the field though I'm hoping he will.
3. Solder's going to be just fine, this guy has been a stud all year for
a rookie Olineman. He gets it.
4. I think Ocho is going tobe okay too and will come on at exactly the right
5. I do not expect the PATS approach to the running game this year to
change a whole lot. He will get his carries but so will Benny and Danny.
“You should have heard what I didn’t play” Thelonius Monk