12-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Re: Playoff Scenerio Week 14
Originally Posted by Dufflebagz
I believe it would be
1. Texans - Tie breaker over Pitt
2. Steelers - Tie breaker over us
It doesn't work that way.
Once you have the division winners, it goes thusly:
- Head-to-head, only if there is a sweep; no one won or lost against all the others.
- W-L-T %age in conference. PIT is 7-3, while HOU and NE are 7-2, so they are 3rd. [If all three win out, then PIT will be 9-3 while HOU/NE will be 10-2.]
You go back to the beginning and reapply the tiebreakers, but HOU-NE didn't happen, so we end up right back here.
- Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four. Doesn't apply, as HOU and NE didn't play four games in common.
- Strength of victory. HOU is 41-65; NE is 45-62.
So it's NE-HOU-PIT at the moment.
"Momentum was quickly snatched away by New England, who once again proved that any Patriot, at any moment, can make a play." —Inside the NFL, Packers v. Patriots
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.