We all know Borges loves to rip BB and the Pats but sometimes his observation reach new levels of stupidity. In this weeks report card (vs Steelers) he gave the Special Teams a C- grade with the following comment:
"Zoltan Mesko’s net punting was only 31.8 yards per attempt. Not what we’re looking for, unless we’re looking for trouble."
Patriots-Steelers Report Card - BostonHerald.com
While I think we all agree 31.8 is not a great net this is where stats lie. Mesko had 5 punts which were as follows:
1) Punted 40 yards into the end zone. TB back to the 20. Net 20 yards.
2) Punted 53 yards to the Pitt 6. Returned 12 yards. Net 41 yards.
3) Punted 30 yards to the Pitt 14. Fair Catch. Net 30 yards.
4) Punted 50 yards to the Pitt 23. Returned 10 yards. Net 40 yards.
5) Punted 28 yards to the Pitt 11. Fair Catch. Net 28 yards.
So the Pats will be in trouble if he continues to make the opponent start drives on the 20, 18, 14, 33 and 11. I watched the game and thought Mesko was great. Took me 5 whole minutes (if that) to research how good Mesko's day was. You would think that if someone PAID you to follow the Pats and write about them you would make a little effort to report accurately on how they actually played. Of course, I am talking about King DB himself.