01-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Join Date: Jun 2006
Mark your calendars - Key NFL Offseason dates
We will know a lot more by the end of February.. combine will be complete, Franchise tag deadline.
I ask you, is the a better run league out there? the NFL makes something as boring as "Deadline for signing and submission of Offer Sheets by Restricted Free Agents
" interesting and important, simply amazing.
- February 4: Super Bowl XLI at Dolphin Stadium, South Florida - Is there a Superbowl this year?
- February 8: First day clubs can designate Franchise or Transition players.
- February 10: AFC-NFC Pro Bowl in Honolulu, Hawaii
- February 12: Waiver system begins for 2007. Players with at least four previous pension-credited seasons whom clubs desire to terminate are not subject to the waiver system until after the trading deadline in October.
- February 21: NFL Combine Timing and Testing Sessions at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis, IN - Oh my god, what if the Colts win and the whole world has to go to Indy and put up with Polian's smug , fat, face.
- February 22: Deadline for designation of Franchise/Transition players.
- March 1: Deadline for club to exercise options for 2007 on all players who have option clauses in their 2006 contracts. Expiration date of all player contracts due to expire after 2006 season. Deadline for clubs to submit Qualifying Offers to Restricted Free Agents whose contracts are expiring. Deadline for clubs to submit minimum salary offers to Exclusive Rights Free Agents (players with less than three years of free agency credit).
- March 2: Free Agency period begins. Trading period begins for 2007
- March 19: Clubs may begin voluntary off-season workout programs March 25: NFL Owners Meeting at Arizona Biltmore, Phoenix, AZ
- April 20: Deadline for signing and submission of Offer Sheets by Restricted Free Agents
- April 27: Deadline for Old Clubs to match Offer Sheets submitted by Restricted Free Agents
- April 28-29: NFL Draft in New York City, NY
- June 1: Deadline for old club to send tender to its unsigned Restricted Free Agents or to extend Qualifying Offer, whichever is greater, in order to retain rights. Also, deadline for old club to send tender to its unsigned Unrestricted Free Agents to retain rights if player is not signed by another club by July 22 or beginning of veteran training camp, whichever is earlier.
- June 15: Deadline for Restricted Free Agent to accept Qualifying Offer (if higher than 110% of previous year’s salary).
- June 24: NFL/NFLPA Rookie Symposium – PGA National Resort and Spa, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- July 14: Any club designating a Franchise Player shall have until 4 pm EDT to sign the player to a multi-year contract or extension. After July 14 the player may sign only a one-year Player Contract with his Prior Club, and such Player Contract may not be extended until after the club’s last regular season game.
- Mid-July: Training Camps open. Veteran players cannot be required to report earlier than 15 days prior to club’s first pre-season game or July 15, whichever is later. The July 15 date is not applicable to clubs playing five pre-season games.
- July 22: Signing period ends at 4:00 pm EDT for Unrestricted Free Agents to whom June 1 tender was made by old club and for Transition Players and Franchise Players