A lot of good insights in this thread. It really makes anything I might have added in a separate thread redundant. Still I have a couple of thoughts. I missed the first quarter (a long line at the Friendly's), but I was left with the following impressions.
1. I feel a lot better about the back up QB situation. Hoyer's effort was the best, most poised, and controlled back up effort we have had in years. Even though Cassell was a revelation during the 2008 regular season, he sucked during the preseason.
He was poised under presure, and when he felt the heat, he threw it to the right guy. What NOW apparent to us all, was clear to BB, and the reason we haven't seen a vet QB brought in. Zack however DID look horrible.
2. I haven't seen his name mentioned, but I thought Kyle Arrington played a very solid game in limited action, and is going to make any decisions about how many CBs to keep very hard.
3. With the obvious emergance of Tate and Edelman, Welker's amazing recovery, plus the potential of Price clearly evident, Torry Holt is now firmly on the bubble. I was a big fan of the Holt signing and saw him playing a key part in the offense. Now I have to wonder if the Pats would keep him as the #6 guy, especially when he brings no ST's play to the table.
4. The news about Warren and Kazcur is horrible. Yeah I know Warren and Connolly looked like we can replace them without a sweat, but the fact is that TWarren is one of the most solid 3-4 DE's in the league, and will not easily be replaced, and if he has to be, it will severely impact our depth. The same can be said of Kazcur. This guy was a starting OLman in the NFL. He can be replaced, but again, our depth is affected.
5. Andre Murrell, with one preseason sack has now had a more productive carreer than his former teammated Vernon Gholston. He might still not make the final roster, but that is great irony