09-04-2009, 07:52 AM
2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Join Date: Sep 2004
Running Back: Itís Gonna Be Maroney
I am just feeling like Maroney is the odd man out.
Here are my reasons:
• BenJarvus Green-Ellis is just too good to let go. He seems to be the future at running back in Foxboro. Maybe even the present!
• Fred Taylor has played well and earned a spot. He keeps things warm for BJGE.
• Kevin Faulk is not going anywhere, obviously. He is a classic third-down back with sure hands and understands Belichick and the "Patriot Way". In my opinion, he deserves the Tedy Bruschi treatment when it is time for him to retire. A class act and a great Patriot!
• Sammy Morris, despite injuries, is the closest thing to a fullback they have on this team and he has shown he is a strong north-south runner when he’s healthy.
• Maroney, after being given opportunity upon opportunity, just doesn’t seem to step up and grab the bull by the horns.
I don’t know what it is with this kid. Is he not “football smart”? Does he not take coaching?
Whatever it is, he seems to be the “fifth wheel” in a group of four running backs.
Yes, it will be a big hit to the team’s scouting and ego to admit that they blew a first-round pick on a bust, but that hasn’t stopped them before. I beleive Belichick always thinks of what’s best for the team first and of the five men mentioned above, Maroney is the least of them.
Anyway, I think everyone would agree it’s either Morris or Maroney. BJGE locked his spot up last night.
I am real interested to see what happens here tomorrow @ 4pm.
(By the way, how about BJGE last TD? He literally looked like he was faster than everyone on the field. He just shot through the hole and was gone to the pylon. That was a nice run.)
Last edited by Armen Da Pats Fan; 09-04-2009 at 08:28 AM..