Originally Posted by Tucker
The National Football Post | The Road To ‘09: Patriots
1. Will we see the same Tom Brady in September?
2. Is Laurence Maroney going to show up in ’09?
3. Who’s going to start at corner?
4. Can Wes Welker repeat his monster ’08 season?
5. Can the Patriots walk away with the AFC East title?
1. The odds are good, but even TB won't know until he takes a few hits and finds out whether the injury/surgery/recovery has impacted his game. The best thing we have going, aside from his HOF talent, is that he never depended heavily on his "mobility."
2. Depends. If we're waiting for the Maroney that many of us hoped we took in the first round, i.e., the Maroney who would maybe remind us of Curtis Martin or at least become a premier Number One RB, my answer is "I doubt it." But, if we're waiting for Maroney to show up as a solid "tandem" back who contributes as one of a tag team of two or three, I think the answer is "Yes."
3. Should make for an interesting camp and Preseason, but my guess is Bodden and Hobbs with Springs getting more and more playing time as the year goes on.
4. My Ouija Board is at the back of the hall closet.
5. "walk away?" Too much competition now. But, win it by a game or so? Yes, I think so.
As for this DRAFT, only BB knows and he ain't tellin' nobody.