Originally Posted by Dufflebagz
You think Luck might change his mind?
Entirely possible. It really makes no sense from a professional or monetary perspective. Consider:
- Change in coaches at Stanford
- Graduation of 7 offensive starters (3 on OL and both WRs)
- Rookie salary scale possible in 2011, definite in 2012
- Panthers (apart from QB) were snake-bit this year and not as bad as their record. Given reasonable health and a competent QB, they could be the next bounce-back team in the NFC South
- Potential dumpster fires that could pick #1 in 2012...Cincy, Arizona, Washington, Jacksonville...Yikes!
Luck may really like college and at 21 is not ready to be a "grown-up" yet. If that is the case, more power to him. If he thinks this decision is best for him professionally, he is getting bad advice and needs to be slapped around a little.