Congrats to Canadian Pat'sFan
on the '96 draft - I honestly thought nobody would get that one.
Here's a few other trivial tidbits from that 1996 draft:
- The Pats selected Terry Glenn with the overall #7 pick - Lawrence Phillips was #6, and Tim Biakabutuka was #8.
- After Phillips, Biakabutuka, and Eddie George were taken in the first round, the next running backs selected in the first three rounds were the not-so-famous Leeland McElroy, Detron Smith, Winslow Oliver, Moe Williams, Abdul Karim al-Jabar, Jerald Moore and Reggie Brown.
- The Rams selected Eddie Kennison one slot before Marvin Harrison was drafted by the Colts.
- Ray Lewis was the 4th linebacker drafted, at #26 overall; after Kevin Hardy, John Mobley and Reggie Brown.
- Some good value early in the 2nd round: Amani Toomer (#34), Mike Alstott (#35), and Lawyer Milloy (#36).
- After the Eagles selected Bobby Hoying at #86 in the third round, the Pats chose Tedy Bruschi with the next draft pick.
- Three picks after that the 49ers selected Terrell Owens.
- The 5th round may have had the best and worst values for draft picks. With the third pick of the fifth round and #135 overall, the Saints got Joe Horn. With the 19th pick and #149 overall, the Pats got a PR
headache and essentially forfeited a draft pick with their choice of Christian Peter.