03-14-2008, 07:29 PM
In the Starting Line-up
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Turlock, CA
My mockery of a mock (1-10)
1. Miami- Chirs Long (DE): A hybrid DE/OLB that every 3-4 team needs, Parcells finds that player in Chris Long that will help anchor his defense for many years to come.
2. St Louis- Jake Long (OT): The few Rams games I was able to watch last year one thing stuck out to me was Bulger getting hit on almost every pass play. Pace isnt what he used to be age and injuries have slowed down the all pro tackle considerably. Rams replace an all pro with a future all pro player.
3. Atlanta- Matt Ryan (QB): Whos Atlanta's qb right now? Falcons need to desparately fill the huge void that Vick left behind. Not only does Atlanta draft a very good qb in Ryan but they also help the fans forget about the Vick disaster Atlanta cant go wrong with Ryan.
4. Oakland- Glenn Dorsey (DT): Let me just say this... I wouldnt be surprised at all of Davis selects McFadden with this pick even though the Raiders have about three quality backs. Dorsey is argueably the best defensive player in the draft and would help vill the void of the retired Sapp.
5. Kansas City- Ryan Clady (OT): Years ago when the Chiefs offense was one of the best in the NFL what was the one thing that made that offense so dynamic? the o-line, selecting Clady is a great way to help rebuild that o-line. Not only will he help pick up the running game that dropped off last year but will also help out young Brodie Croyle.
6. New York Jets- Darren McFadden (RB): Playmakers on offense, thats what the Jets have been missing for years, no way they can pass up on McFadden. Nobody on the Jets offense is feared atleast with the drafting of McFadden the Jets offense will pose some kind of threat.
7. New England- Vernon Gholston (DE): The Patriots get there Merriman and Ware clone in Vernon Gholston, not only does he add fresh blood to an aging LB's core but Gholston brings freakish ability and great pass rushing skills. Gholston will be a terror in Belichicks 3-4 system for many years, its a match made in heaven for the Patriots and Gholston.
8. Baltimore- Domanique Rogers Cromartie (CB): The Ravens still have a couple playmakers back there in McAlister and Rolle but both are getting up there in age. Cromarites still raw but will have a great group of vets to learn from, dont be surprised to see him starting in place of Rolle early to mid season.
9. Cincinnati- Keith Rivers (LB): Last year the Bengals were desparate for LB's to play, I remember them converting DE's to play LB in the middle of a game due to injury and lack of depth. Rivers is will be a solid pickup for the Bengals and will help with stability and rebuilding at the LB position.
10. New Orleans- Leodis McKelvin (CB): The Saints secondary was just awful and hard to watch last year, especially Jason David he just flat out sucked. Mckelvin's a very solid corner and will immidiatley start as the number two corner and will help the fans forget about Jason David in a heartbeat.