04-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Join Date: Mar 2005
Re: OT- What team trades down/up in the Top 10?
- I believe Oakland to be the only top ten team who is unlikely to swing a trade.
- Detroit has to hope Oakland passes on Calvin Johnson so they do have trade bait, CJ's availability at #2 would appear to be the trigger for the first trade of the draft.
- I haven't heard many trade rumors swirling around Cleveland. Trade options would be Detroit triggering a bidding war by staying at #2 and skipping CJ, or someone like Miami or Minnesota aggressively going after a QB.
- Tamp Bay may move up, I don't think they will be moving back.
- Arizona appears to be ideally placed to draft the top LT in the draft, Miami or Houston may covet this spot given their O-line needs, but I think Joe Staley's rise and Levi Brown's availability will reduce the trade pressures.
- Washington is a good trade candidate as teams start looking to nab a specific player. They are likely to be desperate enough for a trade back to accept less value in exchange - not that they value draft picks very highly to begin with.
- Minnesota may need to make a move if they do want a QB, but they can get someone they need right there.
- Atlanta has already moved up, it would seem they have some trade-up designs in mind.
- Miami wants a QB pretty badly, Trent Green or no, they are more likely than most to trade up.
- Houston doesn't need to trade up to get a LT, CB, or DL who can help them, though Adrian Peterson sliding may tempt them. They seem a likely club to wangle a trade back for extra picks.
"Avert thine eyes! You're not hot enough to be looking at me."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.