This out today from Tony Pauline at CNNSI:
2010 NFL Draft: Top 50 prospects, including Ndamukong Suh - NFL - SI.com
I generally respect Pauline, but some odd picks:
- Sean Weatherspoon at 34 and Derrick Morgan at 44
- No Jason Pierre-Paul or Everson Griffin
- Jonathan Dwyer at #9. I'm a big Dwyer fan, but wouldn't rate him that high.
- Brandon Spikes (14) ahead of Rolando McClain (18) - not at this point.
- Sam Bradford (8) the #1 QB prospect and Jevan Snead at 23. Umm ... no. With Jimmy Clausen at 43 and Jake Locker not in the top 50? With Tim Tebow (40) ahead of both and Colt McCoy (47) ahead of Locker? No. No. No.
- Corey Wootton at 22. Maybe last year, but so far this year Wootton has struggled to regain his pre-injury form.
- Trent Williams at 16 and Bruce Campbell at 46? Williams is a pure RT, Campbell a pure LT prospect.
Seems like a lot of rankings are based on old news and last year's play. Just like people keeping William Moore a top 15 pick all of last year.