03-23-2009, 06:34 PM
In the Starting Line-up
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Shore
re: The Larry English Thread (merged)
Look around here a little bit and there's literally dozens of pages written on the OLB's. The cliffnotes go as follows:
- Box likes Connor Barwin.
- Who's Connor Barwin?
- Box responds.
- Yeah, but what about (insert colloquial player here)?
- Box responds
- Poster converted to Barwin binky.
- Moderatrix likes Barwin
- Eviscerates with Ginsu precision any dissenting opinions
- What about English?
- He can play
- Good motor guy
- Some dissent
- Respectful disagrement (rare!!!)
- Consensus good pickup with inside potential
- MayoClinic likes Ayers
- Mayoclinic knows more than most of us, so accepted.
- After further research, Ayers looks like he could make the conversion
-Sintim is a good fit
- Yeah, but low ceiling
- Can play inside
- Consensus safe pick, inside potential
- Combine comes
- OMFG look what Barwin did!
- Meh, look what the other guys did.
- Clay Matthews' Dad played for Belichick
- Barwin begins asencion to board binky
-People now oddly like Matthews
- Side banter
- Side banter
- Rey Maualuga has the IQ of a sea cucumber
- PatsTrojans55 is emotionally frail.
- We're over Matthews
-Consensus dislike of Maybin.
-Consensus doubt of Brown
-Consensus that Orakpo will not be available.
- Barwin pro day
- Work ethic displayed
- Ability to excel at challenges shown
- Consensus 1st round grade placed.
- Barwin now recognized as 1st rounder.
- If we go OLB in round 1, where do we go?
- Ultimately, it's all a gamble
- Barwin is less experienced, but moot considering NFL correlations
- Highest ceiling available
- Not a single valid question mark or flag
- Barwin becomes consensus acceptable #23 pick, if we go OLB.
- English, Sintim become options at #34, both with inside potential.
for 5 bucks "your name here"!!