Welcome to PatsFans.com. Do you have an account? If not - please take a moment to register for our forum and experience a much smoother experience with fewer ads, along with no longer having to see this notification. Also learn about how you can receive a free Patriots T-Shirt from the Patriots Official ProShop by CLICKING HERE. Please enjoy your stay here, and Go Pats!
ARE YOU NEW HERE? NOT LOGGED IN? PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT AND LOGIN TO REMOVE THIS WINDOW
Welcome to PatsFans.com. Do you have an account? If not - please take a moment to register for our forum and experience a much smoother experience with fewer ads, along with no longer having to see this notification window. Also learn about how you can receive a free Patriots T-Shirt from the Patriots Official ProShop by CLICKING HERE. Please enjoy your stay here, and Go Pats!
27-Kenall Reyes, DE
31-Janoris Jenkins, CB
48. Stephen Hill, WR
62- Harrison Smith, S
93- Jonathon Martin, OT
126-Shea McLellin, OLB
PFW's rankings do not seem to match up with the status quo, but if I can get McLellin in the 4th round, thank you very much!
DONATE TO PATSFANS.COM
RECEIVE A FREE PATS T-SHIRT AND SAVE 15% OFF WHEN YOU BUY FROM THE OFFICIAL PROSHOP!
Free T-Shirt & Save 15% Off!
Like Our Site? Please help support our site and server costs by DONATING TO PATSFANS.COM and receive a FREE PATRIOTS T-SHIRT and SAVE 15% off EVERY purchase you make from PatriotsProShop.com. You'll also receive added benefits to your account including Removing All Ads During Your Experience Here At Our Forum.
NEEDED YEARLY SITE DONATIONS: 345 | CURRENT # OF SUBSCRIBED SUPPORTERS: 98
#27 traded to Broncos for 1st 2013 and #57 #31 Shea McClellin (Boise State) - Most versatile 3-4 OLB in the draft showing solid ability to rush the passer and drop into coverage. #48 Lavonte David (Nebraska) - Coverage LB who improves the Patriots nickel package against the pass. #58 Jared Crick (Nebraska) - 3-4 2 gap experience but will need to hit the weight room vying for a nickel rusher spot early in his career. #88 Ron Brooks (LSU) -Versatile slot CB who is an excellent blitzer. #95 Greg Childs (Arkansas) WR - Patriots convinced he will recover from his injury. #118 traded for 2013 3rd #127 Jonathan Massaquoi (Troy) - Nickel Outside Rusher. #139 Derek Wolfe (Cincinatti) - Nickel Interior Rusher to take the place of Mike Wright whilst developing technique to play in base. #177 Nate Potter (Boise State) OT - #4 Tackle for the Patriots. #204 Michael Smith (Utah State) RB - Sits behind Ridley, Vereen and Woodhead.
#62 traded to Eagles for #88,#114,#153,#172,#200
#114 & #153 traded to Browns for #118 & #139
With the draft relatively weak at the safety position the Patriots look in house with Sterling Moore, Devin McCourty or Ras I Dowling to fill the problem spot in the middle of the Patriots secondary.
Patriots pick up 5 top 100 picks yet still manage to procure 2013 1st and 3rd round picks.
27 Coby Fleener TE. Stanford. Triple tight end attack! Welker, Lloyd, Gronk, Hernandez, Fleener. Stop that! Nuff said!
31 Shea Mccllelin. OLB. Boise State. Snowball chance of happening. But let's dream!
48 Harrison Smith. SS. Notre Dame. Projects to be a solid all around safety with physicality. Good ball skills. Sometimes solid is all you need. Especially if your secondary was a sieve in crunch time like last year.
62 Trumaine Johnson CB/S. Montana. Offers positional versatility on defense, special teams ability, and the occasional trick play as a former HS QB.
93 Michael Brewster C/G. Ohio St. Because protecting the franchise is priority one. Has flexibility to swing to guard if need be.
126 Derek Wolfe DT Cincinatti. A disruptive defensive lineman who could contribute early in a role similar to Mike Wright.
1. Trade 27 (680) with Miami who selects Ryan Tannehill for 42 (480) a 2013 1st round pick and swap pick 48 (420) for pick 72 (230)
2. Trade 62 (284) to Saints (who don't want to wait to round 3 to make their first pick) for 89 (145) and a 2013 2nd round pick
3. Trade 72 (230) and 93 (128) to Falcons for 55 (350).
4. Trade 89 (145) to Cincinnati for 116 (62), 156 (30), 166(26)
31. Kendall Reyes DT - shores up DT/DE rotation
42. Whitney Mercilus - DE/OLB - stud pass rusher
55. Josh Robinson CB - sleeper stud
116. Markelle Martin FS - not psyched about this pick, but its a position of need
126. Shea McClellan DE/OLB - Booya! Ya I doubled up on DE/OLB
156. Philip Blake C - lets see if he can be the anchor of the future
166. Chase Minnifield CB - nice DB depth
plus 2013 1st rounder and 2nd rounder
__________________ "Tonight a dynasty is born" - Ricky Proehl before the start of Super Bowl XXXVI
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ok, here are 2 mocks. One with trades and one without
A. Trades -
1. Pats trade Ryan Mallet to the Browns for #37. For all the reasons already given
2. They Trade the 93 to the Saints for their 3rd and 5th round picks in 2013 - The Saints need picks this year
3. They Trade the 126 to the Colts for their 3rd round pick in 2013 and Silvestri Colts get a pick and a body
4. They trade the 27, 37, and Sergio Brown to the Eagles for the 11th pick - Pats need to sweeten the deal and give the Eagles a decent special teamer.
5. We trade the 31 to the Colts for the 34th and 97, 214 The Colts pay a small premium to jump the Giants to get Fleener.
The Pats now own the #11, 34, 48, 62, 97, 214th picks
11. - Quentin Coples - Top 5 talent that has dropped due to a questionable motor. BB has determined that part of the problem was in the NC program where he wasn't challenged enough. He will certainly be challenged here. Some risk, but very high rewards and BB takes a shot - A situational rusher from both the edge and inside now - eventually he'll get to 300 and be a 3 down 3-4 DE BTW - I'd take Cox here if he were available, but I doubt it.
34- Shea McCellin - OLB/DE - he or Branch will be here. I'd take either and be happy. In this scenario I'll take Shea who reminds me a lot of Ryan Kerrigan - Situational player this year, he needs to get stronger
48- Janoris Jenkins CB- He falls this far and no farther. The risk is now well worth the
62- Trumaine Johnson CB - projected to be the coverage S the Pats are looking for long term. - I'd take Iloki here if Johnson is gone
97- Ryan Miller OT - No impact this year but could be in a year or two at RT - Billy Winn, Baquette, and Wolfe are possibilities if available
214- Dale Moss - WR - a perfect guy to bring in and put on the PS for a year. He has the size and youth we need long term....but not next year. tip of the hat to OTG for this guy
Those 6 players plus extra 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks in 2013
Without trades - and a whole lot less fun
27. Devon Still DE/DT
31 Shea McCellin OLB/DE
48 Janoris Jenkins CB
62 Trumaine Johnson S/CB
93 Billy Winn DT
126 Ryan Broyles WR
Last edited by patfanken; 04-22-2012 at 11:13 AM..