Anytime the Patriots and Steelers play, it’s like two giants colliding head to head. Granted this is a Steeler team missing Hines Ward, James Farrior, and James Harrison, but this is a Patriot team with a depleted secondary and a pass rush that rushes like an old lady. But for the sake of today’s game, it’s two giants colliding.
I’m not too worried about Mike Wallace. His size is perfect for Devin McCourty. Rashard Mendenhall doesn’t scare me at all. In fact, the only thing that scares me about this game is Big Ben making plays.
The Patriots are still having defense issues, but the things are starting to click. The offense is a Tom Brady offense – smart and efficient. We get Kevin Faulk back so it’ll be interesting to see how he fits in. Taylor Price is back too and a few Patriot Twitters out there are saying he’ll have a major game.
- Played at Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Starts at 4:15, Sunday October 30, 2011
- On CBS
Pats Injury Report:
- Julian Edelman
- Ryan Mallett
- Josh Barrett
- Shane Vereen
- Dane Fletcher
- Donald Thomas
- Jermaine Cunningham
- Mike Wallace vs Devin McCourty
- McCourty hasn’t had the worst of seasons, but he hasn’t been that good against #1 wide receivers. The good thing about Wallace though is that he is 6-0 so McCourty has an easier time covering him.
- Steelers DLine vs BJGE, Ridley, Faulk
- Faulk is back in the lineup and BJGE/Ridley each are having great games. The Steeler defensive line is old and has had injuries all season long.
- Does McCourty shutdown Mike Wallace?
- Do the Patriots run all over the Steelers?
- How does the cutting of Leigh Bodden effect the defense?
- Jerod Mayo and Sebastian Vollmer are back. Is their impact felt?
- Chung, Ihedigbo, McCourty, Arrington, Molden, Adams, and Ventrone. Does Big Ben burn these guys?
- Mike Wallace has an average day
- Ridley will have a monster game
- Haynesworth gets a sack
- We don’t have to put Wilfork in coverage
- Phillip Adams shows up
- Big Ben throws 2 interceptions
- Patriots 27, Steelers 24