After five weeks of regular season action, I decided to look into where the Patriots rank in various statistical categories. Even though teams are still developing and not quite at their peak potential, five weeks of gameplay can give insight to where each rank.
Even though the Patriots are off to a 4 – 1 start, the season has been an emotional roller coaster filled with frustration and excitement.¬†For this edition of Inside the Numbers, here is where New England ranks league wide. -
Tom Brady has the Patriots offense rolling through five weeks. (FILE:Icon/SMI)
– Total Offense: 495.2 yards per game.¬†Currently ranked 1st in the NFL.
- Points Scored: 33¬†points per game (165 total).¬†Currently ranked 2nd in the NFL.
– Passing:¬†366.6¬†yards per game.¬†Currently ranked 1st in the NFL.
– Rushing: 128.6¬†yards per game. Currently ranked 6th in the NFL.
- Penalty Yards: 318 yards this season.¬†Currently ranked 26th in the NFL.
-¬†Total Defense: 433¬†yards per game.¬†Currently ranked 32nd in the NFL.
- Points Allowed: 23.8 points per game.¬†Currently ranked 19th in the NFL.
-¬†Passing: 326.6¬†yards per game.¬†Currently ranked 32nd in the NFL.
– Rushing: 106.4 yards per game.¬†Currently ranked 13th in the NFL.
- Penalty Yards: 355¬†yards this season.¬†Currently ranked 32nd in the NFL.
What are your thoughts on some of these statistics? Are these numbers misleading or do they portray what the Patriots have become to this point in the season? Share your thoughts below!
Do¬†you have a Twitter account?¬†Be sure to follow me: @PatriotsHaven!