PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your Fearsome Foursome!!!!

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What 4 players would you like to come away with on day one?

Here's mine:

Darius Butler
Connecticut
butler.jpg

Larry English
Northern Illinois
english.jpg

Louis Delmas
Western Michigan
Louis+Delmas.jpg

Eric Wood
Louisville
th200px_77%20Eric%20Wood.jpg

I fully realize that getting all 4 will take some luck and possibly some manuevering within the 2nd round, but this would be my #1 ideal draft. What's yours? Try to be realistic! ;)

Almost on exactly the same page.

Without pretty pictures:

Darius Butler
Larry English
Louis Delmas
Andy Levitre

#1 Rey Maualuga ILB USC

#2 Connor Barwin OLB Cincinnati

#3 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland

#4 Patrick Chung SS Oregon

the last 2 picks just because i cant think of any one to pick lol

Almost on exactly the same page.

Without pretty pictures:

Darius Butler
Larry English
Louis Delmas
Andy Levitre

very nice! I also included links to their bios within the larger images. ;)

Perfect world scenario.
1) whichever of the "tweeners" that BB selects.
2) Eric Wood
3) Louis Delmas
4) Jarron Gilbert
... is that too much to ask?

1.) Package picks to move up and get Curry

2.) Package picks to move up and get Michael Oher

3.) Late round player

4.) Late round player

think-outside-the-box.jpg

Connor Barwin, Jarron Gilbert, Sean Smith, Jason Williams (on day 2)

Notes
1. I don't have a particular safety preference. The 2nd round safeties are about the same.
2. I like Jennings and Green but don't see a need for them on Day 1. If they last till round 3, I'll take one of them.

Last edited:
This one will take some maneuvering and the right guys falling, but you asked me for my ideal day 1 and that's what you're getting.

Brandon Pettigrew - TE
Rey Maualuga - ILB
Louis Delmas - S
Clint Sintim - OLB

You know who English looks like?

Larry%20English2.jpg
Quinton-Rampage-Jackson.jpg

OWOWAWOOOO!

Last edited:
I usually don't try to make predictions on who we will draft because BB usually does the unexpected. I'll give it a shot though.

Malcolm Jenkins, DB. If he is still there at 14, I think BB will package our last 2nd rounder with 23 to move up.
Connor Barwin, OLB. If English is available, he may be the pick instead.
Donald Brown, RB. If there at 47 he is too valuable to pass up.
William Beatty,T. If BB trades away the 58 pick, he may have to package some lower picks to get him.

Maualuga

Barwin

Gilbert

Delmas

I usually don't try to make predictions on who we will draft because BB usually does the unexpected. I'll give it a shot though.

Malcolm Jenkins, DB. If he is still there at 14, I think BB will package our last 2nd rounder with 23 to move up.
Connor Barwin, OLB. If English is available, he may be the pick instead.
Donald Brown, RB. If there at 47 he is too valuable to pass up.
William Beatty,T. If BB trades away the 58 pick, he may have to package some lower picks to get him.

Nice foursome. It wasn't my original one, but it would be very difficult to pass up. I love all of your guys.

Other options:

- Barwin, Beatty, Delmas, Gilbert
- Jenkins, Barwin, Beatty, Delmas/Gilbert
- Curry (counts as 2, trading 23 and 58), Barwin, Delmas/Beatty/Gilbert

Any of those scenarios (including yours) would thrill me.

12th pick (trade with Denver for 23rd, 58th and 89th picks) Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

Saints pick 14th and are quite likely to take Jenkins. No other player is really worth a first-round pick this year; Darius Butler strikes me as a bit of a workout wonder to be honest. Every first day selection at corner has a good highlights video, and I don't see what sets Butler apart from players like Alphonso Smith. Jenkins is the new Ty Law.

34th pick
Connor Barwin, DE/OLB/TE, Cincinnati

We'll be very pleased if he falls this far. If he does, it makes sense to take him here. I don't like him at 23 simply because he's a projection (and not of the simple type like DT->DE or OT->OG), but the kid knows how to play football and has been effective at every position he's played in college.

47th pick
William Moore, S, Missouri

If he had declared last year, he would have gone in the top half of the 1st. Simple as. I see the niggling injuries that he played through (foot sprain in the season opener vs. Illinois, torn labrum in his shoulder, rib cartilage damage) and am simply impressed that he kept playing anyway. Each of those injuries are major handicaps for a defensive back. He's good against both the pass and the run and loves getting interceptions. He had a fantastic pro day too, after three months to recuperate following the '08 season.

97th pick Jamon Meredith, OT/OG, South Carolina

Quality zone-blocking lineman who can refine his trade with Dante before eventually stepping in as a replacement for Stephen Neal. I know this is a Day 2 pick but I just wanted to pick four players....:)

Last edited:
Larry English
Alphono Smith
Brian Robiskie
Chung or Moore (whichever is there)

1. Malcolm Jenkins - He IMHO is the best DB in the draft and is worth using a second round pick other than the 34th to move up. Now even though we now have 3 capable CBs, backed up by 2 unproven 2nd year players that we like, I can justify this pick by the fact he is a versitile back that can play BOTH CB and safety. AND while his 4.5 40 time is pedestrian for a CB, his 3 cone time was the best of the CBs. Quickness in short bursts is infinitely more important to a CB than mere straight line speed. Also concider the fact that in today's pass happy NFL, the line between CB and Safety skills sets are becoming more blurred. We have proven over the past 2 years that you CANNOT have too many DBs. Having the ability to throw out various defensive packages that require 5-7 DBs is what allows BB the flexibility to be multi-demensional on defense. These past two years all the injuries have caused us to not only be more vanilla, but created mismatches that hurt us. (ie the 6'5 Plaxico Burress on the 5'9 Ellis Hobbs)

2. Connor Barwin - I think this kid has the raw athletic talent AND the right temperment to be worth the 34th pick. Also once the Pats have signed Jason Taylor, he will have the time to develp slowly and without pressure in learning the OLB position. He will excell in special teams and be a situational rusher as well giving us the luxury of having 4 TEs. He should be ready to step right into a rotation in 2010 and as a starter after Taylor and AThomas are gone in 2 years

3. Lewis Delmas - Like I said you can't have too many DBs and if I had one area where I think this roster is in need its at the Safety position. You cannot plan on another Rodney comback and it time to get bigger a SS. Its not that I don't acknowledge the fact that we need some OL depth, but I can't get out of my head how many 4th-7th round OL picks have become stand out OLmen.

4. I traded this pick to get Jenkins, but if BB used more of his picks to move back up into the 2nd round again, I hope he'd grab the best DL prospect out there

Last edited:
1. Tyson Jackson
2. Conner Barwin
3. Patrick Chung
4. Max Unger

12th pick (trade with Denver for 23rd, 58th and 89th picks) Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

Saints pick 14th and are quite likely to take Jenkins. No other player is really worth a first-round pick this year; Darius Butler strikes me as a bit of a workout wonder to be honest. Every first day selection at corner has a good highlights video, and I don't see what sets Butler apart from players like Alphonso Smith. Jenkins is the new Ty Law.

32nd pick
Connor Barwin, DE/OLB/TE, Cincinnati

We'll be very pleased if he falls this far. If he does, it makes sense to take him here. I don't like him at 23 simply because he's a projection (and not of the simple type like DT->DE or OT->OG), but the kid knows how to play football and has been effective at every position he's played in college.

47th pick
William Moore, S, Missouri

If he had declared last year, he would have gone in the top half of the 1st. Simple as. I see the niggling injuries that he played through (foot sprain in the season opener vs. Illinois, torn labrum in his shoulder, rib cartilage damage) and am simply impressed that he kept playing anyway. Each of those injuries are major handicaps for a defensive back. He's good against both the pass and the run and loves getting interceptions. He had a fantastic pro day too, after three months to recuperate following the '08 season.

97th pick Jamon Meredith, OT/OG, South Carolina

Quality zone-blocking lineman who can refine his trade with Dante before eventually stepping in as a replacement for Stephen Neal. I know this is a Day 2 pick but I just wanted to pick four players....:)

With each passing second, I'm becoming more and more interested in Jenkins.
All I know about Barwin is what I hear around here.
I'm all about an OL in the first 3 rounds as well.

1. Rey Maualuga (A trade up with NO to #14 - will be required because he won't get past the 18th pick)

2a. Pat White
2b. William Moore

2c (Dealt to NO for Rey)

If I could take my pick of people who may be on the board at the time, I'm rolling with Jenkins, Sintim, Wood, and Chung.

My list would look like this:

1) English
2) Beatty
3) Sean Smith
4) Nicks

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing