PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your Expectations for Brady's Playoff Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they get Hogan, White, and Burkhead back then I expect the same Brady we saw when they were healthier. A top tier QB leading them to big wins, just as he always has.

I hope he lights them up and silences the media.
But ultimately, the only thing that matters is a W.

Well, Brady's average performance in the regular season this year was ...

66.3% completions, targeting 9 different players
286 yds
7.9 yds/attempt
2 TDs
0.5 int
2.1 sacks

The Pats were 4-2 this season when Brady's completion percentage fell below 66%. The two losses were KC in wk-1 (44%) and @.MIA in wk-14 (56%). The Pats lost one game - CAR in wk-4 - when Brady exceeded his average numbers.

A (possibly) interesting, Gronk-related tidbit ...

Brady played two games this season without Gronk and one in which Gronk was (perhaps deliberately) not targeted.

1) WIN - @TBY (wk-5) - the TNF game that Gronk couldn't quite get healthy for (thigh bruise). Hogan was healthy, Burkhead was OUT (ribs), Lewis was still working back toward 100%.
... 30/40 (75%) to 7 different receivers, 303 yds (8.6 ypa), 1 TD, 1 INT, 3 sacks
... RBs caught 9/11 for 67 yds
... ground game contributed 113 yds
... Offense put up 19 points, 23 1st downs, 4/12 on 3rd down.

2) LOSS - @.MIA (wk-14) - Gronk suspended, Hogan not anywhere near 100%, Brady's 3rd game with his Achilles issue.
... 24/43 (56%) to 8 different receivers, 233 yds (5.4 ypa), 1 TD, 2 INT, 2 sacks
... RB caught 13/14 for 106 yds
... ground game contributed 25 yds and a TD
... Offense put up 20 points, 14 1st downs, 0/11 on 3rd down.

3) WIN - NYJ (wk-17) - Hogan OUT, Burkhead OUT, White OUT, Gillislee OUT, Gronk not targeted.
... 18/37 (49%) to 9 different receivers, 195 yds (5.1 ypa), 2 TDs, 0 INT, 2 sacks
... RBs caught 7/11 for 47 yds
... ground game contributed 147 yds and a TD
... Offense put up 24 points, 28 1st downs, 4/15 on 3rd down.

So, if the Titans can keep both Gronk and Hogan completely bottled up, and stuff the Pats ground game for the full 60 minutes, and get 1-2 turnovers, they have a chance of keeping the Pats score down to 24 points or less.

And then, they have to score more than that. They've scored less than 19 points 7 times this season, and 24 or more only 5 times.

I think Brady is going to play really well this week. He got some extra rest and a chance to really self scout. He will be on fire.

Brady will do whatever is necessary, that's my expectation. Hand the ball off 30 times, throw 50 times, a combination, he'll do and execute whatever that's needed to win.

If he's healthy my expectation is that the Pats will win.

If he's not my expectation is the Pats will lose at some point in this run.

I don't think it matters much if he is healthy today or not for the outcome of this game. If he isn't healthy today today that's a bad sign though. Maybe they can still beat Pitt and given another week he will be good. If he's hurt in the super bowl I don't like their odds though.

I would like to see Britt make a play or two. Having another big size wr along with gronk would be good for this offense.

very perceptive

on a serious note

maybe he plays well......3 tds 0 int 300 yards 65 % comp percent

maybe he plays so-so......2 tds 1 int 250 yards 55 % comp percent

who knows?.....not me

Jimmy these playoffs: 0-0, 0 yards, 0TD, 0 int. Book it! :)

Not sure about the rest of the postseason, but I think Brady goes off tomorrow. Think that Denver Tebow playoff game. Angry Tom Brady in full effect with healthy Hogan and James White against LeBeau defense. We'll go with 4+ TDs tomorrow folks and 75%+ completion percentage.

I loved seeing Von Miller get his ass handed to him on the Patriots sidelines. :p

I am expecting them to come out on fire and think we will see some different style plays (my opinion is that they are purposely limiting the creativity with offensive plays, esp to cooks. Don't know enough about defense to comment. No sources or information to back up these "thoughts").

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes