PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your Expectations for Brady's Playoff Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Sup Patsfans. Hope everyone is good tonight. By now we've all heard the drama, the analysis of his play, we know about the injuries and we've all made up our own minds as to why we think things have seemed a bit more difficult for TB12 this season, particularly the last 5-6 weeks of the season. I want to make it clear that I am in no way implying that he's been terrible. The man has put together another MVP-caliber season overall. But I think we can be honest and say we've seen some uncharacteristic things with him recently, particularly his trademark accuracy being slightly off. So . . .

We are now on the eve of the true campaign for the 6th ring. He'll presumably have most of his offensive weapons around him and reasonably healthy at this time of year. He, himself, is rested and should presumably be as close to 100 percent as can be expected for a guy who has taken such a beating this season. And they're playing a clearly inferior team to begin the playoff run. So, I wanted to know your REALISTIC expectations for Brady tomorrow night AND during the playoff run should they advance. Are you expecting the Brady we've known for the past 17 completed seasons or are you expecting to see the Brady who has looked ever so slightly not to form? Will we see the self-proclaimed "storm" tomorrow night and beyond?

Sup Patsfans. Hope everyone is good tonight. By now we've all heard the drama, the analysis of his play, we know about the injuries and we've all made up our own minds as to why we think things have seemed a bit more difficult for TB12 this season, particularly the last 5-6 weeks of the season. I want to make it clear that I am in no way implying that he's been terrible. The man has put together another MVP-caliber season overall. But I think we can be honest and say we've seen some uncharacteristic things with him recently, particularly his trademark accuracy being slightly off. So . . .

We are now on the eve of the true campaign for the 6th ring. He'll presumably have most of his offensive weapons around him and reasonably healthy at this time of year. He, himself, is rested and should presumably be as close to 100 percent as can be expected for a guy who has taken such a beating this season. And they're playing a clearly inferior team to begin the playoff run. So, I wanted to know your REALISTIC expectations for Brady tomorrow night AND during the playoff run should they advance. Are you expecting the Brady we've known for the past 17 completed seasons or are you expecting to see the Brady who has looked ever so slightly not to form? Will we see the self-proclaimed "storm" tomorrow night and beyond?
3 W

Brady's play can usually be expected to be related to a few different factors.

1. Is the defense he's facing good?
2. Does he have his receivers available?

Since the answers are respectively no, and yes I expect he'll look fine. Bearing in mind that the run game has been effective lately so don't be surprised if the TDs are in the run game.

Brady's "recent" struggles come down to a week 17 game where it appears Gronk was given a limited role and Hogan was out so he had basically just Cooks. And he still had 2TDs and no interceptions in an easy win.

The week before that he completed 70% of his passes for 2TDs against Buffalo.

The week before that he had 298 yards, 63% completion, 1TD and 1 int against the #7 defense in the NFL.

Most of these "struggles" come down to two games, a poor Miami game and the last game of the season where the biggest receiving threat on the team (Gronk) appears to have been put on ice in a blowout.

To be as terrific as always. The late season downturn is easily explained by being a result of injury, Miami on the road, a freezing finale and a couple games against an excellent Buffalo secondary. Age could be a factor, but it's unnecessary; I doubt a younger Brady does much better. That narrative seems to be projected onto the facts rather than being inferred from them.

Last edited:
I expect another glorious day of listening to all the mediots and their sham wow glory holes eating a bunch of salty crow.

Some stuff I expect/hope to hear:

(Brady and BB hugging after the big game ) - "I thought there was a rift?" "Winning cures everything"

(After Brady collects his MVP award) - "Cliff? How about 'Mountain' or 'stratosphere' or something because that dude ain't slowing down"

Is there anything they could say if he won his sixth ring? I'm sure Kellerboy will think of something.

Last edited:
To be as terrific as always. The late season downturn is easily explained by being a result of injury, Miami on the road, a freezing finale and a couple games against an excellent Buffalo secondary. Age could be a factor, but it's unnecessary; I doubt a younger Brady does much better. That narrative seems to be projected onto the facts rather than being inferred from them.

That whole marathon of 5 road games in a span of 6, and 5 division games in 6, can't have helped much either.

The Achilles seemed to be improving the last couple of games. I hope the bye week helped the healing process and he will be close to 100% .

As to the game LeBeau's scheme is one Brady has feasted on and I would expect him to have a good game with his weapons returning (hopefully healthy).

I really hope he plays like the Brady of October and November and not the Tom Vs Time Brady of December...but I predict something in between...if I had to put #s on it...19-29-275 2td 1 int

8/27 - 94 yards and 7 interceptions and a fumble
i think he is gonna pull it together

we have to remember this is TB12 we are talking about

14/27 185 yards 1 td 1 int

Last edited:
Brady's play can usually be expected to be related to a few different factors.

1. Is the defense he's facing good?
2. Does he have his receivers available?

Since the answers are respectively no, and yes I expect he'll look fine. Bearing in mind that the run game has been effective lately so don't be surprised if the TDs are in the run game.

Brady's "recent" struggles come down to a week 17 game where it appears Gronk was given a limited role and Hogan was out so he had basically just Cooks. And he still had 2TDs and no interceptions in an easy win.

The week before that he completed 70% of his passes for 2TDs against Buffalo.

The week before that he had 298 yards, 63% completion, 1TD and 1 int against the #7 defense in the NFL.

Most of these "struggles" come down to two games, a poor Miami game and the last game of the season where the biggest receiving threat on the team (Gronk) appears to have been put on ice in a blowout.
Yes. Brady’s struggle was one bad game. We have won 11 of 12.

i think he is gonna pull it together

we have to remember this is TB12 we are talking about

but we cant forget his most recent 5 games and the houston playoff game last year

14/27 185 yards 1 td 1 int
I’m sure even you don’t believe the things you post.

I’m sure even you don’t believe the things you post.
very perceptive

on a serious note

maybe he plays well......3 tds 0 int 300 yards 65 % comp percent

maybe he plays so-so......2 tds 1 int 250 yards 55 % comp percent

who knows?.....not me

Not sure about the rest of the postseason, but I think Brady goes off tomorrow. Think that Denver Tebow playoff game. Angry Tom Brady in full effect with healthy Hogan and James White against LeBeau defense. We'll go with 4+ TDs tomorrow folks and 75%+ completion percentage.

Sup Patsfans. Hope everyone is good tonight. By now we've all heard the drama, the analysis of his play, we know about the injuries and we've all made up our own minds as to why we think things have seemed a bit more difficult for TB12 this season, particularly the last 5-6 weeks of the season. I want to make it clear that I am in no way implying that he's been terrible. The man has put together another MVP-caliber season overall. But I think we can be honest and say we've seen some uncharacteristic things with him recently, particularly his trademark accuracy being slightly off. So .

I want Brady to have it all. Not face a Great D with Keenum with all his probably pro ball WR's. Brady really doesn't have to do anymore in my book, he is GOAT, but facing Brees and win a shootout against the most accurate passer to play the game and kicking his butt?
If Brees plays perfection and so does Brady and we see a real measure of talent and determination to win no matter what. That's a Trophy I think Brady wants, and a Trophy showing he beat PM and TB is what Brees wants. So they will both prepare overtime and know what they are dealing with.
I think its a SB , but an empty one for Tom at this point of his career if he beats Ryan again, Keenum, or a backup on the Eagles.
I was Tom, Id wants Brees, also being his friend, at his best knowing his team was pretty decent and no excuses.
If I was Tom Brady ID want to kick Brees butt. Show the world that what some say might be the best QB to throw the ball, that he cant beat me in the big game.
I'm just thinking when I was in junior Olympics and ran the ball. My motivation was never to get the bad team or worst wrestler, I wanted to kick the butt out of the best only. I think Brady wants Brees to pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down