PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your 3 opinions on the draft - Future Great Pro-Future Bust-Most Intriguing? (2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Your 3 opinions on the draft - Future Great Pro-Future Bust-Most Intriguing? (200

So (ahem), allow me to be the first to look st00pid and predict that, out of the 2010 draft . . . (first-rounders only)

Sure-Fire All-Pro = Suh

Sure-Fire Bust = JPP

Most Intriguing = tie between Alualu and Tebow

Re: Your 3 opinions on the draft - Future Great Pro-Future Bust-Most Intriguing? (200

Who is your choice for .....

Sure Fire Pro all star player

Sure Fire Bust who is probably out of the league in a few years

Most intriguing person in this draft (one who you don't know which way he will really end up as,either a great one or a bust but is impossible to say right now)

Sure Fire pro player in this draft to me is .....
LARON LANDRY - Has all the makings of a superb career like a young Rodney Harrison,Plays with fierceness,Hits hard and is determined to make tackles from all over the field.

Sure Fire Bust in this draft is....
BRADY QUINN - Might be embarrasing to Charlie Weis when saying a few weeks ago that he is a cross between Manning and Brady,IMO he will eat his words on this QB which may end up more like a Joey Harrington rather than Peyton and Tom -He does not impress me despite the Impressive college he went to - Montana and Theismann have nothing to worry about here as far as legendary ND Quarterbacks go,I may be wrong but to me Brady will be nowhere near OUR Brady in his career.

Most intriguing guy to me has to be....
MICHAEL BUSH - If it were not for injury he might have been a day one pick,Now projected in about late 2nd to early 3rd he may be a guy that gets injured easily and retires at 25 or he may go the way of Curtis Martin type who all prognoticators said was too far of a reach to pick because of his leg injury-Now martin has proven that wrong with a HOF like career and lasted many more years than what most thought - Who knows?,Michael may end with a better career than that OTHER RB named Bush in New Orleans.

That's easy. Future Hall of Famer, 4th round pick for Randy Moss. Future Probowler, 2nd and 7th round pick for Wes Welker.

This shows how risky it is to make evaluations right after the draft. One one (1) guy picked Adrian Peterson to be All Pro. ONLY ONE! No one picked Reevis!

Consider that if the draft was done with 20/20 hindsight Peterson would have gone first and Reevis second....

Revis wasn't Revis coming out. Hall was the top corner, and some had Aaron Ross as the #2 CB.

As for any re-draft, the top 5 would likely be:

1. AP
2. Megatron
3. Thomas
4. Willis
5. Revis

Future star: C. J. Spiller (but maybe not until he gets behind a good line and his turf toe clears up)

Future Bust: Dez Bryant

Most intriguing: Tebow. Originally I thought he would be a flop; now I am not so sure. Skippy will help a lot.

Lulzy.

I have to say, I was right on with David Harris in this draft. I really wanted him as a Patriot. Other guys I liked were Darrelle Revis, Brandon Meriweather, Amobi Okoye and Anthony Gonzalez.

I was wrong, though, on Chris Houston. I thought he was projectable, but he has proven to be a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes