PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Youkilis getting hosed

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I was filling out my All-star ballot at the Mets -Marlins game yesterday, and the Boston representative on the ballot at 1st base is David Ortiz. Normally, I wouldn't complain about Big Papi getting this kind of love, but Youkilis deserves this national attention. He has been on quite a roll and would get my vote as the team MVP, at least on offense. Once again the DH conundrum reveals it's ugly head. Why not just make DH its own category ...and for All-Star games in NL cities, make the DH winner a pinch hitter. Why is it so difficult? Let's hope Youk's 1st half will be recognized.

I was filling out my All-star ballot at the Mets -Marlins game yesterday, and the Boston representative on the ballot at 1st base is David Ortiz. Normally, I wouldn't complain about Big Papi getting this kind of love, but Youkilis deserves this national attention. He has been on quite a roll and would get my vote as the team MVP, at least on offense. Once again the DH conundrum reveals it's ugly head. Why not just make DH its own category ...and for All-Star games in NL cities, make the DH winner a pinch hitter. Why is it so difficult? Let's hope Youk's 1st half will be recognized.

I hope it is and I have more faith in Jim Leyland to pick all-star bench players as opposed to Ozzie Guillen who loaded up the roster and ended with 7 of his own players last year.

I thought the DH was it's own position when the game was in American Leauge ballparks, no?

And last year the game was in PIT, right? which would make this year's game in the American League.

Ya i saw that, although i wrote in youk over tizzle....he's hitting over 400 in may while playing a GG 1st. Lugo and Deuce were talking the other day how youk has saved them a lot of errors this year by scooping their bad throws

Youk is on a roll. hes awesome. I hope he gets voted in myself.

Youke has really turned it on, and lets hope he continues like this through the second half of the season.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back