PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You get to pick the Pats 2 First rounders

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes not as physical at safety? he hits people..if u didnt see his weight youd say hes great

a lot of college players need to add weight..hes between 195-205 right now and with some work in weightroom he can get to 210 or more

hes versatile..he can play CB..

reed weights 200...Geno weights 195

hes got room to add to his frame and hes a playmaker..if he cant help at safety in pros..he can always play cB

I meant playing him at nickel CB in year 1 allows him to bulk up a bit and transition back to to Safety in years 2,3,4. I don't think he has to hit 250 but I have read that he is a slender 180, if he can get to the 190-200 range that is perfect. Your comparison is great, I see him as a FS impact player like Ed Reed / Wilson ( the one we thought he may become) not as a Harrison / Lynch SS.

Another interesting Safety is Griffin from Texas, not as fast as Nelson but bigger and may have enough versatility to play FS or SS. Also very good on special teams.

If I had to choose I would pick Nelson because it looks like he can play a little CB. CB is thin, only Scott and Hobbs signed beyond 2006. At Safety we have a ton of players (including our current top 5 in depth) signed for 2007.
Safeties signed for 2007 - Harrison, Wilson, Hawkins, Sanders, Scott*, Tebucky Jones, Mitchell
*Scott is a CB\S

Wishlist
CB - Veteran FA (Samuel or Clements), Scott, DAY 1 DRAFT PICK
SS - Harrison, Sanders, Mitchell
FS - Wilson, Hawkins
CB - Hobbs, NELSON (Florida)
- a lot of flexibility, players that can play both Safety and CB include:
Scott, Wilson, Hawkins, Nelson

On paper anyway it looks ok.

Last edited:
I think at this point, for me, it has to be the best CB and LB available. I like Leon Hall and one of the big guys from Michigan as an ILB. I also like Posluszny, and his subpar season this year (coming from playing MLB in a defense that caters to OLBs, I've watched every PSU game this year, and it is clear why his tackle totals are down) is helping him slid a bit.

Nobody's mentioned Paul Posluzny. He would have been a top-10 pick last year, and he's likely to fall to 21 for us.

Here's the thing: all the scouts who are wowwed by the stats will say he had an off year. But his fundamentals and intangibles are no different than they were before. BB and his scouting team will see through the contextual stuff (like a bad DL, a bad secondary) and evaluate him on his talent, his character and his entire body of work. He's the perfect backfill for TJ - Seau as the run stuffing ILB in our 3-4. He's 238# but has the frame where I think he could fill into something like 245# as a pro.

3.75 GPA in Finance. Team captain as a Junior. Old school football player.

"The best LB to come out of PSU"... available at #21!?! Man, it's like all the stars aligned.

Yo Rook,

I saw him earlier in the year at ILB. He isn't the biggest guy out there and his instincts and/or speed were not very impressive.

I'll watch him again at an all star game, and see if he's improved. If he has then I'll know the problem was the knee and not his instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back