PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yoenis Cespedes

TheSolderKing

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
26 y/o Cuban Defector will be a FA soon in America. He has an impressive resume' in Cuba, I look at him as a Greatly needed RHB costing us $$$ rather than DP's.

Let's face it when 2013 comes around we will be unable to afford Ellsbury and signing him to an 8 yr deal at that age would be dumb. he will command 20 plus million a year easily

Yoenis Cespedes is naturally a CF, but say's he will play anywhere in the OF.

If Cherrington wants to make a splash I can't think of a better option than this guy.

Ichiro had great success in America did he not?

Yoenis Cespedes is a slugger. We should sign the BEAST. A RHB w/ POWER. The dude has the tools.

Papi and Drew are off of the books. Why overpay for a Cuddeyer and lose a #1 DP when we can pursue a cheap closer or even a stud like Ryan Madson that won't cost Type A compensation. The time is now Cherrington he's your boy plz go get him :):):)

Ryan Madson is our closer if u want to shell out thebig bucks. Both moves can be made... if you want a Cheap closer look for Nathan or someone else

Last edited:
scout say's he has a long swing:( reminds him of Wily Mo

Wily Mo, however was ruined by the Yankee's b/c he was promoted far too early in his career and he was south of age 20's when being promoted.

Cespedes is 26 (different scenario thn WMP)

A scout who has seen Yoenis Cespedes told Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe that the Cuban outfielder has "too long of a swing for me" and compared the 26-year-old to Wily Mo Pena.
"He has too long of a swing for me," the scout said. "He could strike out a lot. He reminds me of Wily Mo Pena a little with his power, but whether you can devote those kinds of dollars and project him as a top major league player, that’s quite a leap of faith.’’ There's no question that anyone who signs Cespedes will be taking a risk, but, given the number of teams that appear to be showing interest, he should have no trouble landing a big deal. Nov 20 - 10:28 AM

rotoworld.com

he is at least 26, but probably more like 28 or so. No thanks on him. The name Wily Mo Pena makes me shiver.

I am not shelling out $20M+ for a guy who needs more time in AAA

He's been mentioned on the Yankees boards too, and I'll pass thanks. For a short to mid level contract no problem, but when you start talking $30-50 to even $80 million over 4-6 years, no thanks.

BTW, there is no way on earth he's getting $20 million per season. He might get $10-12 according to some people, but I think that is extremely far fetched. My guess is a high end of $50-60 million, which I think is stupid, but there are some stupid teams out there.

He's been mentioned on the Yankees boards too, and I'll pass thanks. For a short to mid level contract no problem, but when you start talking $30-50 to even $80 million over 4-6 years, no thanks.

BTW, there is no way on earth he's getting $20 million per season. He might get $10-12 according to some people, but I think that is extremely far fetched. My guess is a high end of $50-60 million, which I think is stupid, but there are some stupid teams out there.

the new Miami Marlins might pay

Cuddeyer will come cheaper and reminds me a lot of a better hitting Trot Nixon. A tough player with good veteran clubhouse presence. Doubt we go Madson and with Nathan signed it looks like it will be Bard or Bell.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back