SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 15th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
First Impressions
With the Dolphins up next, Steve Balestrieri takes a closer look at Miami and finds that new coach Brian Flores and his staff have their work cut out for them.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Yet Another Jag Thread

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Thelonious, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Thelonious

Thelonious Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,047
    Ok, this is my first thread, so it's probably gonna suck. Go ahead and mock me, if you want. I'm psychopathologically narcissistic, so I won't feel a thing.

My first car was a Jag, a 1957 Mark I, 2.4 liter. I paid $150 for it, which should give you some idea of its quality. I drove it for a year and a half. Then I loaned it to my sister, who forgot to pump the goddam brakes (like I told her to) and drove it into the neighbor's yew hedge. My father said, "That goddam piece of junk is unsafe," and off it went to the crusher. I've never forgiven her: everybody with a brain in their head knows if the brakes don't kick in, you PUMP the sons of bitches until you get the results you're looking for.

It had a burled wood dash and Smith's gauges the size of dinner plates. It was beautiful and now it's gone. Think of all the cars I've had to buy since, just because she was too stupid to pump the goddam brakes. Sheesh.

OK, so what was your first car, and did your sister have anything to do with its demise? There could be a pattern here.

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,727
    I had been driving since I was 10 (grew up in the rural south) but my very first car was a 1976 Chevy Nova with the 350 V8. I had it for a week. I passed a school bus on a back road probably doing north of 70mph, but the bus driver, who knew my mother, told her that I was doing 90mph. My father took it away from me, and since he bought it, that was his right.

I saved my cash ($500) and bought a 1972 Dodge Charger with the 340 V8...my problem was more or less solved. But I've somewhat longed for a 1976 Nova since that fateful September day...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,968
    My first car was a 1932 Ford Coupe with a Rumble Seat, when I was 18 I got drunk and tipped it over twice in one day in Cambridge both times we got it back up and I got the hell out of there, it was like a little Tank....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,101
    my first car was a 72 mercury comet. not exactly a chick magnet.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,968
    When I was young anything that moved was a 'chick magnet'

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +1,202
    64 Black Lincoln Continental with suicide doors. Lasted about 3 months. One night I came home and was watching Johnny Carson (I'm old). The car's lights and horn came on. The hood was secured shut with sheet metal skrews! Thus, I drove it down toward the water....Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooo, I went. Burnt wiring and that was the end of the Lincoln.

7. BobDigital

BobDigital Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13,445
    My first car was a 1997 piece of crap. t was aqua/greenish and old and used but at least that piece of crap ran. I drove that cheap crap i bought into the ground and got nearly 5 years out of it. Now I own a 2005 piece of junk. I am moving up in the world!

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  8. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +86
    My car was an old 1980's car. The first car I drove in 1993 after I graduated HS as well as got my first very real job.

9. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,631
    My first car was an '86 Audi 5000s. [​IMG]

Mine had really nice BBS wheels that I loved. Car leaked steering fluid regularly and half the electronics were "questionable (knee)" (probably not helped by my efforts at making the sound system more suitable to a high schooler).

Edit - image is similar likeness - not my actual car.

10. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,991
    Sorry about the delay getting here but I'm older and keep forgetting that here is here.

I'm not a gear head at all and I enjoy luxury over performance. My favorite combination of both was one of the first Lincoln LS's that was sold in this area that my wife convinced me to get for my 50th birthday. It was midnight grey and flew like the wind. I broke it in by taking multiple trips to Atlanta from near Boston. I started doing it in one straight run starting at 3 or 4 in the morning.

I didn't have any sisters.

11. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,991
    I like Lincolns.