PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yankees claim Red Sox used Apple Watch to cheat, stealing signs

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OT: Yankees claim Red Sox cheated

http://nypost.com/2017/09/05/yankees-bust-red-sox-in-high-tech-sign-stealing/

I post this because my Jets fan BIL (who otherwise is a good guy) texted me asking if the Sox scouting team had hired Bill Belichick. :mad:

I immediately texted him back the following, which I now preemptively direct toward any mediot who makes a similar comment...

tenor.gif

I read this on Bleacher Report earlier and I don't understand it. They're saying it's a "high tech cheating scandal" using "Apple Watches."

I own an Apple Watch and wear it every day, but there's nothing "high tech" about it. It's literally just a screen that shows me my texts and other notifications from my iPhone, as well as tracks my activity levels, heart rate, etc. I don't see how the scandal "involving Apple Watches" really makes sense. That basically just means they were texting (at worst) but how do you prove that? The guy would have to also have his phone on him for it to work, otherwise the watch isn't gonna do anything but show him the time. So it's essentially "Red Sox trainer caught on video looking at his watch which may have had texts on it but then he could've just looked at his phone for that so what's the point, maybe he was just looking at his freakin' heart rate - Yankees cry foul!"

OT:Red Sox used Apple Watch to "steal signs"

Heyman | Punishment For Red Sox Should Fit Crime

To a baseball fan this is pretty much a non starter. Only reason I am posting this is in this article, there still remains the after effects of lying fat man Tomase that are still being felt.

"Either way, people in MLB are suggesting — and probably rightly so — this isn’t on the level of DeflateGate, where equipment was altered, or SpyGate, where practices were surreptitiously videotaped by the Patriots."

Pure fiction. Again. How that useless piece of lard still has a media job, and nevermind in Boston is disgusting. I'm gonna try to contact the writer. Doubt it will do much good.

I read this on Bleacher Report earlier and I don't understand it. They're saying it's a "high tech cheating scandal" using "Apple Watches."

I own an Apple Watch and wear it every day, but there's nothing "high tech" about it. It's literally just a screen that shows me my texts and other notifications from my iPhone, as well as tracks my activity levels, heart rate, etc. I don't see how the scandal "involving Apple Watches" really makes sense. That basically just means they were texting (at worst) but how do you prove that? The guy would have to also have his phone on him for it to work, otherwise the watch isn't gonna do anything but show him the time. So it's essentially "Red Sox trainer caught on video looking at his watch which may have had texts on it but then he could've just looked at his phone for that so what's the point, maybe he was just looking at his freakin' heart rate - Yankees cry foul!"

Can you merge my topic I created? Only reason I did was the Tomase angle.

Good god.

Settle it on the field.

Cashman is a little pile of ****.

Whatever. It didn't help much.

What?? I thought it was a time honored tradition in Bball and only a crime in football.

Least that's what bspn told me.

It's only a crime when a team from Boston does it.

I said this back when the whole spy gate thing was going on. I have coached girls fast pitch travel ball now from ages 10 through 18. From the age of 12 and under we started to have to use wristbands with sheets for the signs that we would switch out between games because other teams were stealing our sign's. IN 12 YEAR OLD GIRLS SOFTBALL????

I do not believe there is a single pro team in any sport where signals are involved that is not trying to steal sign's.

Whatever. It didn't help much.
Actually it did... well, I guess we can't be sure if it helped them, but they hit significantly better with RISP during the games this tactic was used than they did without it this past weekend....

Nate Silver is getting destroyed over his Tweet which used a Marathon victim as a part of his "joke".

I'll post a screenshot before he deletes his Tweet.

upload_2017-9-5_19-56-30.png

People have been asking him for over 3 hours to take it down.
upload_2017-9-5_19-57-34.png

It takes a colossal set of nuts for that team to accuse another of anything considering their f###### history of cheating.

OT:Red Sox used Apple Watch to "steal signs"
or SpyGate, where practices were surreptitiously videotaped by the Patriots."
Pure fiction. Again........
Unfortunately, the Pat's will forever be tagged with the guilt of taping practices.

Thanks Tomasse.

OT: Yankees claim Red Sox cheated

http://nypost.com/2017/09/05/yankees-bust-red-sox-in-high-tech-sign-stealing/

I post this because my Jets fan BIL (who otherwise is a good guy) texted me asking if the Sox scouting team had hired Bill Belichick. :mad:

I immediately texted him back the following, which I now preemptively direct toward any mediot who makes a similar comment...

tenor.gif

i would have asked him if the yankee clubhouse trainer is still passing out steroids like they are candy.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back