Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: at Bills
Pick Results: NE: 35.1% at BUF: 64.9%
Sun
Nov 1st

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Pape

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
This is a series about WWII, featuring restored, some never seen before footage from WWII... am thru the first two episodes

The images, well, quite frankly, can be very brutal....

Like that they are touching on all aspects of the war ... Lot of times the war in Europe is given the most focus, for obvious reasons... but thru two episodes they have been thru Europe, the Pacific, the Japanese occupation of Attu, and North Africa... these are not in-depth plunges, but overall its interesting

They have some WWII veterans in the documentary, but other times they use narrators.... which are meh... a good narrator knows how to tell a story, i feel like these guys are just reading lines most of the time...

However, despite that, the draw of this series is the footage... its pretty damn cool ... reminiscent of the restored footage in the Peter Jackson WWI endeavor "They Shall Not Grow Old" (a must watch afaiac) ...

after two episode, 8/10

Last edited:

Pat the Pats Fan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
This is a series about WWII, featuring restored, some never seen before footage from WWII... am thru the first two episodes

The images are, well, quite frankly, can be very brutal....

Like that they are touching on all aspects of the war ... Lot of times the war in Europe is given the most focus, for obvious reasons... but thru two episodes they have been thru Europe, the Pacific, the Japanese occupation of Attu, and North Africa... these are not in-depth plunges, but overall its interesting

They have some WWII veterans in the documentary, but other times they use narrators.... which are meh... a good narrator knows how to tell a story, i feel like these guys are just reading lines most of the time...

However, despite that, the draw of this series is the footage... its pretty damn cool ... reminiscent of the restored footage in the Peter Jackson WWI endeavor "They Shall Not Grow Old" (a must watch afaiac) ...

after two episode, 8/10
Thanks, I’ll check it out. My dad was in the marines in the pacific. fought on Okinawa and was part of the occupying force on mainland japan...

Pape

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Thanks, I’ll check it out. My dad was in the marines in the pacific. fought on Okinawa and was part of the occupying force on mainland japan...
I wonder ... One of the coolest trips ive been on in my life took me to Palau ... got a pic of me and a downed Japanese Zero in the woods of Peleliu Island... and this is a WWII fifty cal located on Moen Island (aka Weno) in Chuuk, formerly known as Truk...

Nikolai

Football Atheist
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Yeah, it's a great series. We've grown so accustomed to seeing black and white, grainy footage, that seeing it in HD is jarring.

My grandfather was a Lithuanian partisan from 1941-195?. Sadly, there are no pictures and certainly no footage of that time and place, but I went to visit the forests and swamps of Zemaitija where he resisted the Nazis and later Soviets and it's chilling. I went to see family names memorialized at the Okupacijų ir Laisvės Kovų Muziejus in Vilnius.

I want to see more WWII sites for sure. Few things have shaped world history in the last 500 years as WWII did. The Industrial Revolution, European discovery of the Americas and the Black Death were probably the only things to have a bigger impact over the last 1000 years even.