PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR or OL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
After today game with the Fish I still see WR as one of the needs with one the 1st 3 picks. Another stud OL would not hurt but unless Jackson joins us and solves the WR problem I say WR.
I still believe we have to grab a LB and CB with 2 out of the first three.

why OL? O'Callaghan is a rookie..give him a year. Mankins..we have Kaczur. our OL is nice..if Koppen resigns which i tihkn he will..were fine

i rather see a WR but maybe a CB/LB/Safety before..a little early to tell right now

The better your Offensive line is the more efficientt\ any offense will be. I like to look a the old Hogs from the redskin's as a example.
If you can push the defense line back on most plays; you have the advantage no matter run or pass.
Look at the bad teams in the league and they all have bad offensive lines.

yeah but how much better can you get by taking an OL when you dont really need 1 since theres so many more needs. our OL is relativley young and is only going to improve. you think getting a 2nd round guy will make a huge impact right away? people slip for certain reasons..Jean-Gilles...O'Callaghan..justice..people fall to you in 3rd-4th and thats when i think we should strike.

we have Mankins + O'Callaghan as starters with 2 or less years exp. Kaczur is someone we liked a lot. I know we can improve by getting another guy and im all for another OL but not when we need a CB/Safety/any type of LB/WR

Only five OL's usually play in a game. We have a very young, and excellent OL. An excellent rookie starting LT from last year will have trouble getting playing time when he comes back from his injuries. We have two backup guards on the Practice Squad because we have no room for them. We will draft an OL if Koppen doesn't stay, but the player could come from anywhere in the first six rounds since Hochstein is a decent starting center and Stevenson may well develop into a decent center also.

Yes, every year our needs according to the posters are the same: corner, depth at safety, linebacker and wide receiver. This has been who most posters have had on their list for five years.

And the FO drafts DL's and TE in the first round and wins Super Bowls. In fact every time bb drafted a DL #1, we won a Super Bowl!

What does this prove? Likely, that we don't have a clue with regard to the relative needs of the team or the relative value in the draft compared to free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back