PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade [more than] pick #23 for Deshaun Watson?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade pick 23+ for Watson?

• Yes

Votes: 55 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going to acquire a former Clemson qb, then we need the real deal, Lawrence!

Watson is only 4 years OLDER than Lawrence, but already has 3 years of NFL experience.

I take Watson over Lawrence every day and twice on Sundays.

This Watson rumor is absurd.

Watson, on a rookie deal with a 5th year option, is the 3rd-4th most valuable asset in the enture NFL.

Why? So he can throw to a 76 year old Edelman, a first round bust receiver, a tight end named LaCosse, an undrafted guy who can't spell Jacoby, a guy coming off a serious leg injury, and a Polish guy? We need to embrace the impending suckitude...it'll be a hard pill to swallow, but it'll thin the heard...

He's shown the ability to be an elite pocket passer since day 1, but I think I catch your drift when you say "Watson's type of QB".
I agree that of that class of QB, Watson's one of the better bets to transition into a stationary game. It'll come down to whether he can get a good team around him.

We have 100 million in cap space starting next year. Something around there anyway. Don't let some people fool you into thinking the cap was ever the issue with signing Brady. We could pay Watson if we needed to, especially if we traded Gilmore in the deal.

how many players are signed? factor that into the 100mil we're going to have. Dump 30+ into a QB isn't going to fix the situation. We have holes ALL over the offense, and next year the defense is going to be in rough, older shape.

What we need are to hit on draft picks, and giving up a #1 + additional picks for a rental of watson is NOT the solution.

Only if he signs long term. Let's be honest. Watson is a very good but not great QB. A very good QB is nice to have but it guarantees you nothing. It puts you in the mix but arguably not true contention. I have seen time and time again how teams stick with very good QBs year after year and get so close only to fall short year after year.

I would almost be tempted to pass on him and go for a great QB or try to build an amazing defense and try to cobble together an offense to put it over the top once every 5 or so years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes